Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Old Friday 20th April 2012, 04:51   #26
ceasar

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve@37n84w View Post
I guess my pipe dream would be a 15x60 SE. I occasionally do some long range terrestrial glassing with 15x-18x binoculars and also use this magnification for astronomy. My 15x60 GAT T* and 18x70 IF SP are great but I've never understood why Nikon didn't make the next incremental step up from the 12x50 in the great SE series and offer a 15x60 version.

A truly modern version of a wide field 7x35 porro with the latest coating would be something worth owning also.

Steve
I understand that Nikon uses the same eyepieces and prisms on all 3 SEs. They might also be able to use it on a 60mm objective (with maybe a little tweaking) to get a 15 x 60? Don't know if the Prisms would be big enough though.

I would buy one.

Bob
BF Supporter 2010
Click here to Support BirdForum
Old Friday 20th April 2012, 12:36   #27
Hermann

Pipedreams?

Three porros from Zeiss: The 8x30B and the 8x50B with modern coatings, and the classic 10x50 porro with modern eyepieces and modern coatings.
Old Friday 20th April 2012, 14:33   #28
Mono
Hi!

I would love someone to make a decent zoom binocular, nothing outlandish a 42mm with a 6x - 12x zoom would be a great all purpose device.
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: