Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Old Wednesday 9th May 2012, 07:21   #1
Sphenodon

Sparrowhawk

I returned home one day this week to find a male sparrowhawk sitting on garden fence. A beautiful bird, I know they are known to visit gardens but my garden is only about 3mX4m so it was a nice surprise. Anyone else have unusual sightings.
Old Wednesday 9th May 2012, 14:28   #2
Fozzybear
Ich bin ein Vogelbeobachter

They visit my neighbourhood so much the birds get pretty jumpy in my garden - have often had very close encounters with the resident Sparrowhawks flying through my garden on attack passes. Once I was crouching on the lawn throwing suet to a tame blackbird and a sparrowhawk flew through a gap in the trees and zipped through between me and the blackbird, probably no more than two feet from me, before disappearing around the front of my house. The blackbird shot off into the trees and I was left reeling from the shock!
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: