Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Magnifying the passion for nature. Zeiss Victory Harpia 95. New!

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Old Saturday 22nd September 2012, 19:00   #1
Dr_ADH

Compact camera for Digiscoping with ATS80 HD?

Hello
Would anyone know a new compact camera that would work with my Swarovski ATS80HD with the DCA Zoom adaptor? I have minimal carry space so am trying to be as compact as possible, hence trying to work with this adaptor. It doesnt fit my current compact camera, so am hoping to buy something to suit? The new generation dont seem to have the screw on the body for the adaptor to mount, so I'm really not sure of how to find a camera, and thought someone might have experience of such?
I currently use the 25-50 zoom lense, but have others if needed.
thanks very much
Adam
Old Saturday 22nd September 2012, 20:09   #2
squidge
Wha Whassssat

Hi Adam, I use the Nikon p6000 with the dca adapter. Ive mostly used it with the 20-60 zoom but have recently started using it with the 25-50 zoom. It's a handy camera in that the dca screws on directly to the camera via the ur-20 adapter. If you can find one secondhand I would get one.

You could also try using the jackar adapter which enables most compacts to be used with the dca adapter.

Regards Gerard.

BF Supporter 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: