Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Magnifying the passion for nature. Zeiss Victory Harpia 95. New!

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Old Saturday 22nd September 2012, 23:21   #1
Peewit
Once a bird lover ... always a bird lover

Smile SWLA 2012, at the Mall Galleries, London.

hi there

OH and I will attend the SWLA Art Galleries this year as per usual - Thursday 1st November 2012, until Sunday 11th November 2012

http://www.mallgalleries.org.uk/inde...id=2&subid=115

We have not made up our minds what day yet - so it under debate at the moment.

The first weekend in November 2012 sounds ideal for us at the moment for the date 'Saturday 3rd November 2012

Anyone else attending that day?

Regards
Kathy
x

Last edited by Peewit : Sunday 23rd September 2012 at 00:10.

BF Supporter 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Old Saturday 22nd September 2012, 23:46   #2
Andrew
wibble wibble

Nice. Thanks for flagging this up. I will be in London on the 3rd for the BENHS Exhibition so I shall pop into this one too.

Regards,
Andrew.
Old Sunday 23rd September 2012, 11:09   #3
unfeathered bird

I'll be at the Mall Galleries signing books on the 8th - (the very first advance copies of The Unfeathered Bird) so if anyone can't decide which day to go, why not come along then?
Old Monday 12th November 2012, 10:38   #4
Andrew
wibble wibble

Quote:
Originally Posted by unfeathered bird View Post
I'll be at the Mall Galleries signing books on the 8th - (the very first advance copies of The Unfeathered Bird) so if anyone can't decide which day to go, why not come along then?
This was a good exhibition with many paintings and a few sculptures on show. It was a bit too bird orientated but all enjoyable. Worth visiting if you happen to be in the Admiralty Arch area of London.
Old Monday 12th November 2012, 12:04   #5
Peewit
Once a bird lover ... always a bird lover

I was at the Mall Gallery on Saturday (10th) morning, and I really enjoyed the exhibition. It seemed a lot more busier than usual with added space for more art exhibits on show.

I agree Andrew, that it was bird orientated this year over other wildlife.

A lot of pictures had already sold over and over again - well done to all involved.

It came across to me that there was a lot more new unfamilar names on show this year, and couple of the familar ones missing.

The junior section was well portrayed also, and have to be mentioned on their merit alone. I loved one of the Kingfisher photos, and it won a prize as it should have done.

I bought a print of the 'bum-barrel' Long Tail Tit painting. Sadly the framed copies where not available, so we settled for a print instead. We are also thinking of buying one of the bronze 'perched' Wrens on show as they where just beautiful. The way the bird sat with its pert little tail was very endearing.

Loved the 'chicken wire effect of the big cat head' centred in the middle of one of the rooms. I see that paper mache was used to portray some of the paintings - loved that effect!!!!

Well done Tim, Nick and all the artists from this Forum. I loved your Turnstones Nick and your Eiders, Tim.... a definate favourite for me and my OH. I placed my personal vote too on my favourite artist

Looking forward to next year now.

Regards
Kathy
x

Last edited by Peewit : Monday 12th November 2012 at 12:08.

BF Supporter 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Old Monday 12th November 2012, 17:40   #6
nickderry
C'est pas ma faute, je suis anglais.

Glad you enjoyed the show Kathy, next year take a screwdriver with you, I give you personal permission to steal anything you like of mine. :-) Glad that one of mine has found a new home: the Mistle Thrushes and Waxwings that are in Tim's book.
Old Tuesday 13th November 2012, 07:58   #7
Woody

It was definitely worth the visit as always. I've got to agree with you Kathy on the wrens http://www.adambindersculptures.com/...php/gallery/11 which are superb.

Mike

http://www.wildlifeart1.co.uk/
http://thescolopaxchronicles.blogspot.com/
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: