Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Magnifying the passion for nature. Zeiss Victory Harpia 95. New!

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Old Monday 9th April 2012, 21:51   #26
mayoayo

..Thank You All for the nice comments..Kind regards to All..
Well,..The weather changed few days ago ,and It has been very nice ..But other things are in my way of going out and sketch..My Kids have been out of school for 10 days(long holidays in Spain´s Semana Santa!),so when the weather got decent We had a lot to catch up with!..also, lots of people comes to the coast these days, and my favorite spots get a bit crowded..but tomorrow is all back to normal,and I think I would go out for a whole day sketching at least once this coming week..Hopefully the practice of the last few days brings some benefits to this approach,in the same manner the real viewings brought inspiration to the studio sketches...
I wanted to quit this ZooTube thing for now,but I had some more Chats and Redstarts left in me this morning,..Had to get them out!..Hope You like these as well
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4664.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	203.5 KB
ID:	378099  

Last edited by mayoayo : Monday 9th April 2012 at 21:57.
Old Monday 9th April 2012, 22:06   #27
username

You've got a very appealing technique going on here Manuel...

Just had a flick thru your illustrations....loved the cormorant and the aeroport landscape...

Latest chats great...particularly the bottom right bird...very very nice indeed...

all the best...!

http://username-beast.blogspot.co.uk/
Old Tuesday 10th April 2012, 15:46   #28
solitaryVSong

Quote:
Originally Posted by username View Post
You've got a very appealing technique going on here Manuel...

Just had a flick thru your illustrations....loved the cormorant and the aeroport landscape...

Latest chats great...particularly the bottom right bird...very very nice indeed...

all the best...!

http://username-beast.blogspot.co.uk/
Looking good Manuel. I had to think of you when I stumbled upon a video of wood warblers this morning. But I know that they're outside somewhere so I managed not to go looking for paper and pen and start sketching from the computer....

Art, birds and nature blog: http://kenjanuski@blogspot.com

BF Supporter 2010 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Old Wednesday 18th April 2012, 08:16   #29
Woody

Hi Manuel, you have a great technique, all scratchy and alive with energy. Sheets of chats are wonderful.

Mike

http://www.wildlifeart1.co.uk/
http://thescolopaxchronicles.blogspot.com/
Old Thursday 19th April 2012, 17:12   #30
mayoayo

Thanks..Nice Seeing You All..I cruise the threads in this forum,and honestly ,is almost overwhelming the amount of works you people produce,and Good stuff on top of It..Sometimes I dont say much ,but I wanna thank You All,for the great works You share Here...
Anyway...A few notes more to the Collection,..Humble as they are,they are made in the field!..Just fast, ,walk-about notes that I made without really trying and only as a natural response,in my own terms, to the fabulous presence of birds
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_4693.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	101.6 KB
ID:	379593  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4692.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	168.7 KB
ID:	379594  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4691.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	122.4 KB
ID:	379595  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4690.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	111.2 KB
ID:	379596  
Old Thursday 19th April 2012, 17:18   #31
mayoayo

A couple more...There is something wrong with this Duck,..I think..but I like it anyway,because I am not very good at pencil work,and any progress is welcomed..
Ah..Next ones Will be THE ones!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_4689.JPG
Views:	41
Size:	322.3 KB
ID:	379597  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4687.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	172.1 KB
ID:	379599  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4686.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	231.2 KB
ID:	379600  
Old Thursday 19th April 2012, 18:36   #32
timwootton

Oh! - the stilt drawings are simply fabulous, especially the 3rd pencil sheet. Incredible work - I'm very envious of these drawings. Mallard's nice too :)
Old Thursday 19th April 2012, 23:45   #33
solitaryVSong

Quote:
Originally Posted by timwootton View Post
Oh! - the stilt drawings are simply fabulous, especially the 3rd pencil sheet. Incredible work - I'm very envious of these drawings. Mallard's nice too :)

Wonderful sketches Manuel. I'm with Tim on that 3rd sheet. Very nice!

Old Saturday 21st April 2012, 20:35   #34
nickderry
C'est pas ma faute, je suis anglais.

Quote:
indeed, love how the two on the right fuse together - a very interesting imge.
Old Friday 1st June 2012, 05:39   #35
JTMB

Great job on the life sketches since I last checked on the thread. Full of movement.
www.johntubbsart.com

Old Thursday 7th June 2012, 15:41   #36
mayoayo

Watercolor

This Could really be my first watercolor ever,when I think about It!..I have been squezzing some old watercolor tubes here and there in the studio,but never manage til now to buy myself some watercolor pans,and get a decent field set..I did get a few pans a few weeks ago,but not until today that I had some time to go out and try them...
I met this polite Night Heron roosting in a tree,in a pretty nice spot (also saw a Little Bittern or two,but they didnt want anything to do with Art, at least today),and got to try the watercolors...I had fun ,and the sketch had its moments...It only survived thanks to the Heron that left before I managed to ruin the whole thing!

Thanks again to All of You that keep posting all those wonderful works on regular basis..All very inspiring!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_4746.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	135.0 KB
ID:	389153  

Last edited by mayoayo : Thursday 7th June 2012 at 17:54.
Old Thursday 7th June 2012, 17:21   #37
mattybohan

I'd say that turned out great!
Old Thursday 7th June 2012, 19:56   #38
oivind egeland

What a lovely first watercolor! Let's hope that there are many to follow.
Old Thursday 7th June 2012, 23:34   #39
timwootton

Quote:
Originally Posted by oivind egeland View Post
. . . oh yes please.
Old Friday 8th June 2012, 13:44   #40
solitaryVSong

Quote:
Originally Posted by oivind egeland View Post
I am just amazed at the people on this forum who pick up watercolor as though they were born to it!! Wonderful start in your watercolor career.

Old Monday 11th June 2012, 12:58   #41
ARTHUR BISHOP

Quote:
. . . oh yes please.
can only agree about more to follow

BF Supporter 2007 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Old Monday 11th June 2012, 14:02   #42
nickderry
C'est pas ma faute, je suis anglais.

more more more! beautiful sketch
Old Monday 11th June 2012, 16:38   #43
JTMB

Excellent!
www.johntubbsart.com

Old Wednesday 13th June 2012, 03:06   #44
JennyMK

The egret is so delicate: lovely!!!

blog: www.jennymoedkorpela.blogspot.com
Old Wednesday 13th June 2012, 20:54   #45
Lykos

really great

http://lykos1003.cabanova.com/
Old Monday 18th June 2012, 00:25   #46
colleenc

love the grace of this heron watercolor

Use what talents you possess: the woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best. Henry Van Dyke

BF Supporter 2009 2010 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Old Wednesday 12th December 2012, 20:13   #47
mayoayo

Greetings...

Well..Long time since my last entry here,..Very erratic in my work and my life these days,..Trying to figure my next move again..I have been painting in the studio ,trying to revive my contemporary work, and although I went out in the field a few times,to paint, my results werent really worth to share ..
I actually have some sort of a personality crisis going on..I feel that I dont like too much my member name "mayoayo",I am tired of that name.,,Is Ok for an ebay nickname but I wanna outgrow that name and relate with friends and other members in this forum with my real name..Manuel Mondejar...I am therefore closing this thread and All activity in this forum under the "Mayoayo" name,and go in hibernation until I can be properly introduced in society with my real name..
To close this period I will share with you my last avian study..Is part of a series of recent studies,that I am doing In a safari park that is actually very close to my home,about 3 km...The place is like a small zoo with animals roaming free in large enclosed areas,and they take tours with buses and things like that..You get the picture..What I didnt know is that they have a collection of raptors...I found out in a brochure,just recently and decided to ask permission to go draw the birds ,..They told me yes,and I have been there already twice,..I can spend the whole day ,pretty much by myself in the presence of the beauties..A large European Eagle Owl,an American Great Horned ,a Bubo Bengalensis,a Lanner falcon, a Saker falcon, a Common buzzard,Red tail Hawk,Harris Hawk,Steppe Eagle ,oh,and a pair of pretty cool Burrowing Owls..This is much different of working with a telescope or pictures or videos...the detail and emotional charge of having such wonderful creatures a couples meters in front of you is great..I cant thank the birds enough for this collaboration..So although captive,these birds are going to be my avian connexion for the next weeks,..I hope to be able to visit at least once a week for a while...For now I only did some studies,but I intend to do some developed works..or maybe not..
but anyway,to close the period and start the New (Good time of the year to do so,and the right moment according to the Mayan ,You cant deny that! )
I leave You with this Ink study of an unknown and unfinished falcon, and wish You all a happy ,happy time..
Best regards
Mayoayo
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_5908 (1154x1600).jpg
Views:	57
Size:	244.1 KB
ID:	419046  
Old Wednesday 12th December 2012, 21:48   #48
solitaryVSong

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayoayo View Post
Well..Long time since my last entry here,..Very erratic in my work and my life these days,..Trying to figure my next move again..I have been painting in the studio ,trying to revive my contemporary work, and although I went out in the field a few times,to paint, my results werent really worth to share ..
I actually have some sort of a personality crisis going on..I feel that I dont like too much my member name "mayoayo",I am tired of that name.,,Is Ok for an ebay nickname but I wanna outgrow that name and relate with friends and other members in this forum with my real name..Manuel Mondejar...I am therefore closing this thread and All activity in this forum under the "Mayoayo" name,and go in hibernation until I can be properly introduced in society with my real name..
To close this period I will share with you my last avian study..Is part of a series of recent studies,that I am doing In a safari park that is actually very close to my home,about 3 km...The place is like a small zoo with animals roaming free in large enclosed areas,and they take tours with buses and things like that..You get the picture..What I didnt know is that they have a collection of raptors...I found out in a brochure,just recently and decided to ask permission to go draw the birds ,..They told me yes,and I have been there already twice,..I can spend the whole day ,pretty much by myself in the presence of the beauties..A large European Eagle Owl,an American Great Horned ,a Bubo Bengalensis,a Lanner falcon, a Saker falcon, a Common buzzard,Red tail Hawk,Harris Hawk,Steppe Eagle ,oh,and a pair of pretty cool Burrowing Owls..This is much different of working with a telescope or pictures or videos...the detail and emotional charge of having such wonderful creatures a couples meters in front of you is great..I cant thank the birds enough for this collaboration..So although captive,these birds are going to be my avian connexion for the next weeks,..I hope to be able to visit at least once a week for a while...For now I only did some studies,but I intend to do some developed works..or maybe not..
but anyway,to close the period and start the New (Good time of the year to do so,and the right moment according to the Mayan ,You cant deny that! )
I leave You with this Ink study of an unknown and unfinished falcon, and wish You all a happy ,happy time..
Best regards
Mayoayo
A thoroughly wonderful drawing to end this thread, Mayoayo/Manuel! Now don't wait forever to start the next one.

Old Wednesday 12th December 2012, 22:26   #49
timwootton

Wonderfully energetic drawing Manuel - if this thread has to close, then a fine way to do so . . . and with anticipation for the new work on the new thread, sometime soon.
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: