• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

BF Meet 8 February 2015 (1 Viewer)

Keith Dickinson

Opus Editor
For the last couple of years we have had a meet down on the LDV during January. Anyone up for it this year?
As per normal I am a Sunday man - can't get Saturday off work too easily.
Thoughts on which date etc welcomed

I'm in of course but Feb will probably be better for me. NDC is as good as I've ever seen it at the moment but water levels are dropping. Stick some dates down and let's see what's best for everyone

I'm easy about dates, just trying to sort a lift out Keith, staying over, crashing on Kens soffa, so dnt have to rush back and public transport to that area ain't easy Sunday mornings, looking forward to it, it will be the first BF meet I've been too, feel a bit nervous when I say it outloud lol.

Damian

I'm easy about dates, just trying to sort a lift out Keith, staying over, crashing on Kens soffa, so dnt have to rush back and public transport to that area ain't easy Sunday mornings, looking forward to it, it will be the first BF meet I've been too, feel a bit nervous when I say it outloud lol.

Damian

No need to be nervous Damian. Just a group of like-minded folk getting together. No clique or anything. You'll be made very welcome. Pity a bit too far for me to join you.

Sandra

8th is good with me. Will have to make a plan this time as just about everything we normally chase about is at NDC, 88 whoopers, 200 or so Dunlin, 300 goldies, 80+ ruff on my visit yesterday. Today reported same but also redshank curlew snipe 1600 wigeon 115 shelduck 40 pintail 30 shoveler. Also been some good raptors about so many be worth returning later. Will check out the local areas before the 8th if I can.

The 9th is a Monday :)

So it is.

8th is good with me. Will have to make a plan this time as just about everything we normally chase about is at NDC, 88 whoopers, 200 or so Dunlin, 300 goldies, 80+ ruff on my visit yesterday. Today reported same but also redshank curlew snipe 1600 wigeon 115 shelduck 40 pintail 30 shoveler. Also been some good raptors about so many be worth returning later. Will check out the local areas before the 8th if I can.

Hoping for Corn bunting if there are any around too.

Sorry didn't pick on date as I still have last year's year planner on my wall. So Sunday 8th February is the date - Meet at North Duffield Carrs car park as per usual then.

Damian - will be good to meet you.

Sandra - hope you and Bob are well, shame you can't make it.

Tried to persuade Dom but he was having none of it.

Did say he'd do the Dawn Chorus meet, but I won't be holding my breath..... :)

Not surprised after last year Richard! What time shall we say? I know a couple of corn bunt sites we can check.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back