Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Magnifying the passion for nature. Zeiss Victory Harpia 95. New!

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old Sunday 8th February 2015, 19:13   #26
sunlight

Neil,
Forgive me, had forgotten had asked you about this lens on the GH4 Digiscoping thread. Unless you have tried it out since your response to that query please ignore this redundant question about the 25 mm lens.
Old Friday 13th February 2015, 03:23   #27
Neil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandpiper View Post
Neil,

I am amazed at the quality of your 4K videograbs. They are outstanding!

Mike

Thanks Mike. I forgot to mention that I wasn't using an ND Filter in the bright light in Florida so had to bump the Shutter speed up to to control exposure. I was shooting at 1/1300 second on occasions. This did mean though that I could get sharp stills of the video.
Neil.
Old Sunday 15th February 2015, 21:31   #28
Torchepot

Hi Neil,

I'm also very impressed with your video grabs. Just wanted to know how you rate the oled viewfinder? Read recently that viewfinders are lagging way behind the screens - no such thing as a 4k viewfinder or anywhere close even with broadcast cameras. But maybe they aren't absolutely necessary? How close does yours come to an optical viewfinder? How much better (if any) would it have to be?

Cheers

Phil

P.S. Still enjoying my sx60!
Old Sunday 15th February 2015, 22:45   #29
Neil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torchepot View Post
Hi Neil,

I'm also very impressed with your video grabs. Just wanted to know how you rate the oled viewfinder? Read recently that viewfinders are lagging way behind the screens - no such thing as a 4k viewfinder or anywhere close even with broadcast cameras. But maybe they aren't absolutely necessary? How close does yours come to an optical viewfinder? How much better (if any) would it have to be?

Cheers

Phil

P.S. Still enjoying my sx60!

Phil,
It's better than the sx60 viewfinder and ok for water birds in good light. It's all ok for chasing red-necked stints out on the mudflats. When it comes to following birds in bushes or canopy it's not there yet. I prefer to use the lcd screen most of the time.
Neil.
Old Thursday 19th February 2015, 13:30   #30
Sandpiper
Mike Powell

Neil,

Sorry for the late response, I have been away for a few days. Your video clips and grabs are superb. 4K seems to be the future for our hobby. I have experimented with videograbs from my 70D and, like you, find those taken with a faster shutter speed tend to give the sharpest results, even at higher ISOs.

Mike
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: