Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Magnifying the passion for nature. Zeiss Victory Harpia 95. New!

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Old Wednesday 15th February 2017, 15:51   #1
iveljay

Affinity

I have just downloaded Affinity for Windows I have yet to use it in anger, though after a brief play it seems fairly normal.

It has only been mentioned twice a couple of years ago, so it would be interesting (to me at least), how this currently affordable software compares to its competition in real life.

Anyone out there love it or hate it?
Old Friday 24th February 2017, 21:30   #2
Frank Anderson

I'm surprised little mention has been made of it. I'd been using Photoshop since the 90's but when it went into the cloud I started looking elsewhere but couldn't find anything until along came Affinity Photo. At first I couldn't get away from Photoshop but eventually it clicked with Affinity and now I couldn't go back to Photoshop.

For me, Affinity is actually better. It's quicker and has some very nice features that Photoshop (CS6 at least) doesn't. Those it doesn't have I wouldn't use. Considering it's only on version 1.5 it's amazingly good and great value for money having long ago paid what a subscription with PS would have by now - and that's with having both the Mac and PC versions.

I think with many photographers, there's a certain amount of snobbery about PS and that's the only real photo editor - anything else is just amateurish. I admit I felt a bit like that myself early on.

Unfortunately I'm still stuck with Lightroom (none CC version) and will need to wean myself off that one day.
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: