• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Swarovski 95 ATX and Wimberley II Gimbal Head? (1 Viewer)

Pauletteza

I am sorry if this has been addressed before...I would like to know if it is possible to attach the Swarovski ATX 95 to the Wimberley Gimbal head II. If so, how would I do it? I use the Wimberley for photography, but I would like to carry only one tripod. I have a Gitzo Series 4 Systematic Carbon Fiber Tripod and believe it could handle the Swarovski. Can you tell I am new at this? :)

I am sorry if this has been addressed before...I would like to know if it is possible to attach the Swarovski ATX 95 to the Wimberley Gimbal head II. If so, how would I do it? I use the Wimberley for photography, but I would like to carry only one tripod. I have a Gitzo Series 4 Systematic Carbon Fiber Tripod and believe it could handle the Swarovski. Can you tell I am new at this? :)

Here's a picture of the ATX95 on some sort of gimbal head if that helps.

Hi,

while the ATX objective modules have a foot which fits some Swarovski and Manfrotto heads directly w/o a quick release plate, they also have a standard 1/4" tripod thread, so any plate with that kind of screw will fit. Longer is better to get a good balance...

Joachim

Gimbal Head II

I was looking best gimbal Head II for Tripod i tried to find from social media and blogs one day i saw a video of professional Photographer and i asked in comments about Gimbal Head he told me about this one https://amzn.to/2JlLSys when i used this this was supper and amazing same like others gimbals .

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back