Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Magnifying the passion for nature. Zeiss Victory Harpia 95. New!

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Old Monday 21st August 2017, 22:49   #26
DRodrigues

Any user can help replying my last posts?

http://www.pt-ducks.com
Old Tuesday 22nd August 2017, 01:31   #27
Steve O4B
VP of Sales, Optics4Birding.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen b View Post
Would be nice if the wider angle zoom would work on the previous Fieldscopes; especially since they dropped the 1.25 plans. Would have been nice to put the newer zoom on my Fieldscope.

Other than that, cannot see anything here that would make me want to change from my 82 and 50 Fieldscopes with my zoom and fixed EP. I have good samples of both and would be surprised if the new scope bettered them in the areas of importance to me- sharpness, color, etc.
Stephen,

Since we haven't had a Fieldscope 82 ED in stock for several years, it is difficult to compare them directly with the new Monarch Fieldscopes. However, when the original Vortex Razor 85mm scopes came out, we ranked them above the FS 82ED, but thought the Razor selling for $200 more gave the two scopes equal bang for the buck. Current Razor 85 scopes are a small improvement optically over the old ones. The Monarch FS 82 outperforms the current Razor 85 in brightness and resolution, so I do think the Monarch FS would be an improvement over your FS 82ED. Is it enough of an improvement to say you should buy one? I don't know. This is all subjective opinion, not quantified. I can say that if they were both available today and that was my price range, I'd definitely go with the Monarch.
Old Tuesday 22nd August 2017, 19:20   #28
Steve O4B
VP of Sales, Optics4Birding.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRodrigues View Post
If you still didn't went to the store, I ask you to see the diameter of the scope side of the eyepiece, to see if is smaller to the standard 1.25" astro - if it is, it's easier to make an adapter that will allow reaching focus on scopes that allow the use of 1.25" eps. Other wide AFOV zooms have long bayonets, larger that 1.25" diameter (usually with lens larger than 1.25"), which makes them impossible to reach focus on other spotting scopes. That´s the reason why I don´t have a Leica zoom for my Optolyth 100...
The diameter of the eyepiece at the scope end is 1.77".
Old Tuesday 22nd August 2017, 20:08   #29
DRodrigues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve O4B View Post
The diameter of the eyepiece at the scope end is 1.77".
Thanks Steve.
So isn't possible to adapt to 1.25" without creating problems of not reaching focus on scopes with 1.25" standard or adapters...

http://www.pt-ducks.com
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: