Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Magnifying the passion for nature. Zeiss Victory Harpia 95. New!

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Old Monday 25th September 2017, 18:55   #1
Woodcock1965

Leica 10x50 BN Binoculars.

Hello to all our members,
Hoping everyone is keeping just fine and enjoying their binoculars and the pleasure they bring. Just a short message really regarding a pair of binoculars my brother actually owns. He has mentioned certain issues on a few occasions now with his Leica 10x50 BN'S. I managed to have a look through his glasses yesterday in some local woodland and I was quite surprized, and noticing very clearly that the left hand barrel has a large unsightly, milky appearance when looking through the left hand barrel. It is extremely noticeable and extremely annoying and frustrating. Has any other of our members ever experienced such problems.
I would love some advice and see if anything can be done because my brother at the moment is extremely frustrated and wanted any advice from any fellow birders or Leica owners who have perhaps experienced a certain problem like this or knows about this particular issue in question. I'd be delighted to hear from anyone please? My sincere regards, David.
Old Monday 25th September 2017, 19:04   #2
Binastro

Hi David.
Sounds like moisture inside the optic.
Shine a torch through the eyepiece and look into the front of the binocular. You should see the cause.
Look at the different surfaces of lenses and prisms.

Is it still under Leica warranty?
Old Tuesday 26th September 2017, 12:48   #3
Woodcock1965

Thank you Binastro,
I appreciate your reply and I will have a look at the binoculars again and i'll keep you informed. Regarding the Leica warranty. My brother obtained the binoculars from a friend who has very unfortunately passed away so I don't know what to do about that to be honest. I was going to ring Leica in London as I did talk to one of the guys who worked there; very knowledgable and a somewhat affable guy. So I think i'll ask my brother to ring him pretty soon. Binastro, I have a pair of Leica 8x32 BN of which I must say are perhaps some of the finest glass i've looked through and are virtually faultless. Perhaps some people may disagree however. I will keep you informed of further progress and thanks again for your reply.
Regards, David.
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: