• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Very busy at the bird feeder today! (7 Viewers)

Enjoyed watching a Chiffchaff in the garden this afternoon. A Red Kite also flew over and there's good numbers of Coal Tits at the moment as well. As the afternoon drew into the evening a few bats made an appearance.

Rich

Rich, I am also still getting the Bats in the evenings (along with a family of Foxes and Badgers!).

The pair of Nuthatch seem to have become resident, probably in next doors trees but are caching constantly all day. Coal Tits are very active as well, but the Greenfinch`s are not around at the moment. I didn't put the feeders out during the Summer so they must have a local feeding station elsewhere..... they will be back.

Some good stuff on and over the garden the last few days! Hobby over the garden, more Pink feet while in the garden Goldcrest, Chiffchaff, pair of Nuthatch still seem to be resident and large flocks of Goldfinch. Greenfinch making a return in small numbers

Some good stuff on and over the garden the last few days! Hobby over the garden, more Pink feet while in the garden Goldcrest, Chiffchaff, pair of Nuthatch still seem to be resident and large flocks of Goldfinch. Greenfinch making a return in small numbers

Great garden birding! Pleased to read you've got Greenfinch back; we're still without any, just a very occasional one. Amazing when you think how many there used to be.

Huge bird movement over the garden at the moment, with relentless activity withy birds caching in and around the garden.

3 Buzzards being mobbed overhead yesterday, 2 Raven, large numbers of Carrion Crow plus loads of the larger Grey\Black backed gulls passing through. Starlings starting to gather. In the Garden 6+ Coal Tit, huge flocks of Goldfinch, large numbers of Blackbirds, small flocks of LTT, still the two resident Nuthatch, and Greenfinch starting to come down to the feeders.

Wood mouse cleaning up under the feeder yesterday morning, single Fox and Badger last night also.

Last edited:
It's been a while since my garden has had a new species, #76 Tree Sparrow.
Just looked out and spotted 2 in the tree above the feeder. It's the simple things that make me happy!

Great stuff Dave. They are VERY rare around here.

Rich

Rich, strangely enough a small colony breed only about 2mile from me but they have never ventured over here. I know in the UK its unusual for Tree & House sparrows to frequent the same area and I have House sparrows nesting in the eaves of the house so never really expected to see Tree sparrows here..... I have had woodcock in the garden more times than Tree Sparrows ;)

Good to see he's sticking around. Also very good numbers of House Sparrows, Chaffinches, Coal Tits etc. and a couple of GSW's; a couple of flyover Ravens and a Common Buzzard this afternoon.

Attachments

• IMG_4675.jpg
    IMG_4675.jpg
    523.9 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_4775.jpg
    IMG_4775.jpg
    524.8 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back