Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Magnifying the passion for nature. Zeiss Victory Harpia 95. New!

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Old Saturday 28th October 2017, 03:29   #26
denco@comcast.n

Quote:
Originally Posted by chill6x6 View Post
I AGREE! Quite honestly....the new Field Pro SV focus adjustment is amazingly smooth. While out biding yesterday I was comparing the SV 10X42 with the SV Field Pro 10X50. The difference is REAL. So equal in both directions and smooth.

You have more will power than I do!
Chuck. You are a real asset to Bird Forum! It is really helpful to have member that has such a wide range of binoculars and uses them in the field. It is nice to have somebody that has the motivation and ability to acquire the latest binoculars like the Nikon MHG and Leica Noctovid and then describe their strong points and weak points and then describe how they perform in the field. That is extremely helpful to the rest of us because we may not be able to try all these binoculars. Then you make it more interesting with all your pictures comparing the sizes of the different binoculars. You write in a knowledgeable but more common sense style that everybody understands. We have many members on Bird Forum that are very knowledgeable about optics but few that have the all the latest models at their fingertips. Most of your reviews are right on and I pick up a lot of information from them. Keep up the good work. I enjoy your posts.

Last edited by denco@comcast.n : Saturday 28th October 2017 at 05:47.
Old Saturday 28th October 2017, 03:34   #27
denco@comcast.n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilmore Girl View Post
I'm looking forward to some initial reviews and more photos, but it seems we'll have to wait some time.
Sometimes it is hard to go by the reviews although they can tell you if you should try a binocular. In the end you have to try it yourself. The new Swarovski 8x30 CL could be a really nice compact birding binocular.
Old Saturday 28th October 2017, 16:02   #28
Theo98
Eurasian Goldfinch

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by denco@comcast.n View Post

Chuck. You are a real asset to Bird Forum! It is really helpful to have member that has such a wide range of binoculars and uses them in the field. It is nice to have somebody that has the motivation and ability to acquire the latest binoculars like the Nikon MHG and Leica Noctovid and then describe their strong points and weak points and then describe how they perform in the field. That is extremely helpful to the rest of us because we may not be able to try all these binoculars. Then you make it more interesting with all your pictures comparing the sizes of the different binoculars. You write in a knowledgeable but more common sense style that everybody understands. We have many members on Bird Forum that are very knowledgeable about optics but few that have the all the latest models at their fingertips. Most of your reviews are right on and I pick up a lot of information from them. Keep up the good work. I enjoy your posts.
+1!

Ted
Old Sunday 29th October 2017, 01:31   #29
chill6x6

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo98 View Post
+1!

Ted
Thanks for that guys! Very nice!

I have learned PILES from folks on BF such as yourselves here....and it never stops.

I am fortunate to be able to hopefully contribute a few useful things and a privilege to do so.....

BF Supporter 2017 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Old Sunday 29th October 2017, 01:58   #30
Gilmore Girl
Beth

Quote:
Sometimes it is hard to go by the reviews although they can tell you if you should try a binocular. In the end you have to try it yourself. The new Swarovski 8x30 CL could be a really nice compact birding binocular.
Agree with you there ... I take all reviews with a grain of salt, but I do enjoy reading them.

BF Supporter 2013 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Old Sunday 29th October 2017, 01:12   #31
denco@comcast.n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilmore Girl View Post
Agree with you there ... I take all reviews with a grain of salt, but I do enjoy reading them.
The reviews kind of tell you which binoculars are worth trying. The Nikon MHG's are good binoculars but once I tried them they did not work for me.
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: