Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Magnifying the passion for nature. Zeiss Victory Harpia 95. New!

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Old Tuesday 5th December 2017, 23:14   #1
^monet^

Project sees highest number of fledged Hen Harriers

"As part of efforts to conserve Hen Harriers, 21 estates across Scotland have now joined the Heads Up for Harriers project in 2017.

This year has seen a bumper number of 37 young successfully fledging from nests located on 7 of the 21 participating estates. This is the highest number of fledged birds ever for the Partnership for Action Against Wildlife Crime Scotland (PAW) Scotland project, led by Scottish Natural Heritage (SNH). " http://www.rarebirdalert.co.uk/v2/Co...s_id=829967093
Old Wednesday 6th December 2017, 14:04   #2
silver prince

all those, who tnink the petitions for the banning of driven grouse a waste of time ,take note the government now act and try to please, i live on the edge of the north Yorkshire moors can remember a hen harrier roost near scaling dam reservoir, hauntin aand quite mesmerising to see . alas no more,perfect habitat they should be here ,i want to take my son to see the sights i saw but cannot, because a minority few want to shoot grouse , so keep petitioning keep banging on,till we are rid of thees sycopaths
Old Wednesday 6th December 2017, 21:31   #3
John Cantelo

For a telling dissection of this report see - https://raptorpersecutionscotland.wordpress.com/

Please support Andalucia Bird Society www.andalusiabirdsociety.org Visit my website & blog on birding in SW Spain at http://birdingcadizprovince.weebly.com/
Old Sunday 10th December 2017, 17:18   #4
pete seaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver prince View Post
all those, who tnink the petitions for the banning of driven grouse a waste of time ,take note the government now act and try to please, i live on the edge of the north Yorkshire moors can remember a hen harrier roost near scaling dam reservoir, hauntin aand quite mesmerising to see . alas no more,perfect habitat they should be here ,i want to take my son to see the sights i saw but cannot, because a minority few want to shoot grouse , so keep petitioning keep banging on,till we are rid of thees sycopaths
A number of Hen Harrier roosts have vanished from our area and the Eastern side of the Dales as you say just so a few can play with their guns.
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: