• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Yasuni National Park, Ecuador - Oct, 2017 (1 Viewer)

BobbyJim

This bird was photographed in the grounds of Napo Wildlife Center, Yasuni National Park, Ecuador.
I'm afraid I don't often get things right as I am a novice. I have been sorting through the photos I initially decided were Tropical Kingbirds but this bird looks distinctly different.
In fact, from online research I believe it to be a Cattle Tyrant but everything suggests I'm wrong again. 1) No cattle 2) Photographed at the Napo Wildlife Center at the side of a lake 3) Is it likely to be seen in this part of Ecuador?
Once again expert advice is needed to put me straight.

Attachments

• IMG_0964 (Copy).JPG
    IMG_0964 (Copy).JPG
    533.1 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0970 (Copy).JPG
    IMG_0970 (Copy).JPG
    542.1 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0981 (Copy).JPG
    IMG_0981 (Copy).JPG
    663.9 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0982 (Copy).JPG
    IMG_0982 (Copy).JPG
    624.7 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0984 (Copy).JPG
    IMG_0984 (Copy).JPG
    618.7 KB · Views: 14
It is a Cattle Tyrant indeed, and yes they are present on that part of Ecuador.

Last edited:
OMG that's the first time I've been 100% right in ages. I'm taking that as a definite confirmation before someone else posts and pops my bubble. Thanks for taking the time to reply and with the best possible answer!

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back