• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Live Cornell Lab Panama webcam: Canopy Lodge (2 Viewers)

A Green Honeycreeper (male) showed up briefly just now on the background. Nice!

One was also on the feeder today for ~30 seconds!
EDIT: actually at least two visits today for Green Honeycreeper. First one around 12:55 local time was bit longer, together with Red-Crowned Ant-Tanager female (second picture).

Attachments

• Panama_birdcam_08.JPG
    Panama_birdcam_08.JPG
    355.5 KB · Views: 56
  • Panama_birdcam_10.JPG
    Panama_birdcam_10.JPG
    340.4 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Looked back a few hours and saw this small fellow that at first looked almost like Phylloscopus warbler. Has rather prominent supercilium and brighter green rump/lower back area - could it be a Tennessee Warbler?

Attachments

• Panama_birdcam_09.JPG
    Panama_birdcam_09.JPG
    341.3 KB · Views: 75
Looked back a few hours and saw this small fellow that at first looked almost like Phylloscopus warbler. Has rather prominent supercilium and brighter green rump/lower back area - could it be a Tennessee Warbler?
Well spotted! Yes, I think Tennessee Warbler is correct :t:

One was also on the feeder today for ~30 seconds!
EDIT: actually at least two visits today for Green Honeycreeper. First one around 12:55 local time was bit longer, together with Red-Crowned Ant-Tanager female (second picture).

I was also checking back and the GH is also visible at 11:55 and 14:36.
It seems a higher than usual diversity was present at the feeder today, with multiple visits by the oropendola, the jay, aracaris, 6-7 species of tanager, euphonias, etc...

The last hour or so has had a great test for remembering almost all of the common birds and some others too. I have not seen such a variety to keep me watching that long, and harly a gray colored thrush amongst them
also at camera time 15.47 a squirrell, different to the other two species I have seen.
Harry

Attachments

• Screenshot.png
    Screenshot.png
    230.6 KB · Views: 35
  • Screenshot(2).png
    Screenshot(2).png
    286.7 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
I was also checking back and the GH is also visible at 11:55 and 14:36.
It seems a higher than usual diversity was present at the feeder today, with multiple visits by the oropendola, the jay, aracaris, 6-7 species of tanager, euphonias, etc...

Yes, just wanted to say the same about diversity at the feeder today! Very fun to watch!

And few minutes ago also what looks like a Variegated Squirrel (Sciurus variegatoides)! :t:

Attachments

• Panama_birdcam_11.JPG
    Panama_birdcam_11.JPG
    320.6 KB · Views: 40
The last hour or so has had a great test for remembering almost all of the common birds and some others too. I have not seen such a variety to keep me watching that long, and harly a gray colored thrush amongst them
also at camera time 15.47 a squirrell, different to the other two species I have seen.
Harry
I was watching the squirrel as well. Looks very different. Does anyone know which species?

Wow, Barred Antshrike just popped into view for few seconds! Saw it live - got even a bit of adrenaline rush! :-O

Attachments

• Panama_birdcam_13.JPG
    Panama_birdcam_13.JPG
    375.9 KB · Views: 67
Wow! That antshrike is spectacular! I'll have to make a more concerted effort to watch. Looks like my chance to "strike it rich" is better than ever.

Nicely done with the Tennessee Warbler, too. My lifer Tennessee spent the better part of the morning a couple autumns ago in my yard. Mind you, my yard is just a half acre in a dog-filled neighborhood, and most of the yard is lawn. The warbler favored a small patch of weeds just a few square feet in area. Then it flew into a small ornamental cherry tree beneath my bedroom window. It's not every day that you get to look down on a Tennessee Warbler!

Rant over. Hope something good is on the Panama feeders tomorrow.

A hummingbird on the background (extreme far left of the image) at 18:03:15. Can't ID it...

I haven't seen the image, but when I was at the lodge in November Snowy-bellied Hummingbird was often in those flowers and perched in the tree directly above. I also saw Rufous-tailed Hummingbird, Green Hermit and Long-billed Starthroat from the veranda.

Immature/female Red-Legged Honeycreeper is a nice catch!

Looks like this day was a bit quieter with mostly usual suspects visiting the feeder. Highlights for me were Silver-Throated Tanager on and off several times and Green Honeycreeper today was accompanied by a female.

Attachments

• Panama_birdcam_14.JPG
    Panama_birdcam_14.JPG
    336.9 KB · Views: 44
  • Panama_birdcam_15.jpg
    Panama_birdcam_15.jpg
    264.5 KB · Views: 40
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back