• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Seahouses & Farne Islands - 14 - 17 July (1 Viewer)

Richard G

Had a fantastic time last weekend in glorious weather around Seahouses, Beadnell & the Farne Islands.

We stayed at the Seafield Caravan Park in Seahouses, which I can highly recommend.

Just around the park & caravan we had Swallows, Swifts, House Martins, BH Gull, Wood Pigeon, Starlings, Song Thrushes, Blackbirds, Collared Doves, Mallard, Robin, Sparrowhawk, Crow, Jackdaw, Goldfinch, Greenfinch, Magpie, Pied Wagtail & Linnet

We spent Sunday morning on the beach at Beadnell, and had Sand Martins flying into nests in the banks behind us. Also had Arctic Terns, Common Terns & Eider in Beadnell Bay.

In the afternoon we took one of the tourist boats out to the Farnes, which is the first time I've done this in all the years I've been to Seahouses. From the boat we had Shag, Cormorant, GBB Gull, Herring Gull, Guillemot, Razorbill, Kittiwake, Puffins, Arctic, Common & Sandwich Terns, & Oystercatcher.

We landed at Longstone for half an hour, and added Knot, Dunlin, Arctic Squa and Turnstone (a life tick for me).

Around Seahouses harbour over the weekend I also got Rock Pipit, Eider & Redhank.

The weekend was rounded off on Tuesday with glorious views of a Buzzard flying over the fields on the way back to the A1.

All in all a good weekend, with 40+ species on a family holiday.

Richard

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back