• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Wootton Art 2012 (1 Viewer)

timwootton

Back to basics. I'll fold my other sparsely populated threads and stick everything here (as before). At least it shows willing . . . . ;)
Seabirds are featuring a bit at the moment mainly due to an upcoming exhibition in Maine in June. I'll be painting 20 - 25 new pieces for this show so I'd better get cracking . . .
Black and whites are for the new Orkney Bird Report and the ringed plover is one of about eigth or nine field drawings I've managed to make this year - and it's already nearly b100dy April !!

Attachments

• puffin (569x800) (569x800).jpg
    puffin (569x800) (569x800).jpg
    275.7 KB · Views: 281
  • redshank alarm (800x555).jpg
    redshank alarm (800x555).jpg
    312.5 KB · Views: 307
  • ringed plover Broch of Gurness (800x595).jpg
    ringed plover Broch of Gurness (800x595).jpg
    237.7 KB · Views: 253
  • three eiders - Copy (800x555).jpg
    three eiders - Copy (800x555).jpg
    294.3 KB · Views: 337
, , ,

Attachments

• 001 (800x597).jpg
    001 (800x597).jpg
    378.1 KB · Views: 202
  • early splash (800x601).jpg
    early splash (800x601).jpg
    334.3 KB · Views: 229
  • puffin 2 (800x552) (800x552).jpg
    puffin 2 (800x552) (800x552).jpg
    277 KB · Views: 219
all the best for the US show! Getting very international now :) The redhsnak is just quite wonderful, I can just hear him shrieking - though it's been so long since I last saw a redshank I can't remember what they sound like.

you'r sooooo good!!! love them all...and its not bloody april yet.

Just couldn't resist quoting this... especially because it's true. These remind me of why I always end up liking your watercolors above everything else: they always have this wonderful sense of light. They always remind me of how great watercolor can be in the right hands!!

Back to basics. I'll fold my other sparsely populated threads and stick everything here (as before). At least it shows willing . . . . ;)
Seabirds are featuring a bit at the moment mainly due to an upcoming exhibition in Maine in June. I'll be painting 20 - 25 new pieces for this show so I'd better get cracking . . .
Black and whites are for the new Orkney Bird Report and the ringed plover is one of about eigth or nine field drawings I've managed to make this year - and it's already nearly b100dy April !!

hoorah- watercolouring in the grand manner

and Maine in June- do you get to deliver the pics personally to lobsterland or at least pay them a visit?

hoorah- watercolouring in the grand manner

and Maine in June- do you get to deliver the pics personally to lobsterland or at least pay them a visit?
Many thanks, Ed.
Unfortunately it is looking increasingly unlikely that I'll be able to make the trip over the pond - lack of cash and lack of passport are two tricky obstacles :)

Great work Tim, your Eiders are brilliant as usual. I might need to save my pennies to buy another to join the pair of yours I have already.

What a fantastic series of new artwork Tim! Now I know what you have been involved with...I`ve been also wondering what happened to you!
Wish you the best for the forthcoming exhibition!

Paschalis

what wonderful light on these skuas, I didn't think it possible for you to make them even more beautiful!

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back