• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Traveller BGa Mg 6x32 now a bargain at € 185,- (1 Viewer)

oetzi

Traveller BGA Mg 6x32 now a bargain at € 185,-

I regularly browse my older articles to check whether the links are still working. With my 2013 review of several bins from Opticron I was in for a pleasant surprise. Opticron is now listed as a "new seller" with amazon germany. Offering the BGA Mg 6x32 - only this one - for € 185,-, delivery included.
Way back in 2013 it could be had for € 345,-, too dear for me. Nowadays its listed on Opticron´s website with GBP 229,-, which translates in € 270,-. So its quite a bargain at € 185,-, I ordered one and it arrived today.

Why did I buy it, besides the price? Well, I wanted a compact-ish bino without all the disadvantages of true compacts:
-fiddly to use
-too small eyepiece diameter
-too high the magnification
-too small the diameter of the lens and therefore
-too small the diameter of the exit pupil.

The Opticron Traveller BGA Mg 6x32 avoids all these pitfalls and is a quite decent bino in itself. Mine is working fine, it arrived within a week of placing the order, with all the accessories, warranty card etc.

Maybe Opticron has decided it worthwhile to sell directly or is moving old stock, I dont know. Of course I checked the adress given at amazon with Opticron´s website. Yes, they are selling direct to the german customer. I dont know whether they do this in other countries, too or restrict this offer to german customers only. Still, if you are in the market for such a binocular, its worth checking out.

https://www.outdoor-professionell.de/test-opticron-traveller-fernglas-bga-mg-6x32-8x32/

Attachments

• Test Opticron Traveller Fernglas guenstig bei Amazon_cr.jpg
    Test Opticron Traveller Fernglas guenstig bei Amazon_cr.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 292
  • Test Opticron Traveller Fernglas guenstig bei Amazon-1.jpg
    Test Opticron Traveller Fernglas guenstig bei Amazon-1.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 382
Last edited:
Thanks for the order Alex :) And thanks also for letting us know it took a week to arrive - it should have been within two days so we are checking what is going on with the courier company.

That price is for the last of the stock of the "old" 6x32 model in beige/black. Optically it is the same as the current model.

We are drop-shipping certain models via Amazon.de to German customers whilst our newly appointed distributor Vendemos tries to find some dealers there who are willing to stock and sell our products.

HTH

Cheers, Pete

Pete, my order was placed first of may, delivery today, the 8th. i hope you will find some dealers, your bins are worth it.
I added two layers of bicycle tubing to the eyepieces and am so happy with it. Its my Opticron No. 2 after the SR.GA 8x32. :)

Attachments

• WP_20170508_17_06_57_Pro_cr_jiw.jpg
    WP_20170508_17_06_57_Pro_cr_jiw.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 331
Last edited:
What does that translate into in US dollars?

It may be with the introduction of the new Traveler ED then the price of the older style Travelers has come down everywhere. The last "typical" price I saw for them in the US was $319.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back