• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Southern Hawker - Dragonfly ? (1 Viewer)

IanF

We happened to be in Scunthorpe today so on the way back north we called in at Blacktoft Sands, though the weather wasn't too brilliant. Plenty of Avocet still around but little else of note, loads of Lapwing and Greylag but no Spoonbill, Greenshank or Spotted Redshank for which I was hoping. Quite a few butterflies around though and also this Dragonfly. I think it's a Southern Hawker or a Common Hawker, but I'd appreciate it if someone could confirm the ID.

I'll post another shot in the Gallery at the weekend.

Attachments

• p7303653ao.jpg
    p7303653ao.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 228
Thanks Diane, I'll have to get myself a decent identification book. The photo was actually taken with the Olympus C2100UZ on macro mode. I did try some with the 4500 as well but the Uzi ones came out better.

Ian,
I dont know anything about 'four-toes' , but that shows incredible detail, real professional.
(im still waiting for some LEO pics though....)
Stevie

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back