• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Best Birding spots in the Algarve (1 Viewer)

HerewardSporke

Hereward
Hi All,
New to the site and am looking for tips for the best birding in the Algarve.
I am going to spend Christmas down in Lagos, Portugal and intend doing quite a bit of birding - I hope!
Would be grateful for advice on what are the best places within reasonable journey from Lagos - understand Alvor is OK?

Thanks

Hereward

Stranger said:
Hi
Quintas de Lagos.Ria Formosa are good in Feb,not sure what they are like in Dec.

Thanks Stranger!

Will try them and report back - expecting to see some unusual ones - especially if full of the "Christmas Cheer"!

Rgds
H

Hi,

Just do a search for threads pertaining to the Algarve - there's loads of advice re: good sites etc....

Hope you have a good trip...

Ruby.

Hi Ruby & Mark,

Thanks for advice and for your trip report Mark. As this has come up at fairly short notice haven't been able to plan ahead much - hence the cry for help!
Will spend a bit of time on the site reading up and try to get my hands on a copy of one of the books.
Thanks again for your tips.
Rgds
HS

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back