• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Montenegro, with Dubrovnik & Slovenia 2012 (1 Viewer)

I'm off to Petrovac, Montenegro this July for a week, starting with a couple of days in Dubrovnik and ending with three days in Ljubljana, Slovenia.

I've read one previous thread on Petrovac which was helpful, can anyone add to that?

Hopefully I'll be making trips to Lake Skader, Buljarica, Ulcinj and Ljubjana marshes. Any ideas?

I realise its not an ideal time of year for birding but hopefully a few early morning starts will show some good birds.

Paul

Our group goes out to Montenegro on Sunday 10th June, and we will be birding as well as loking for other stuff.

PM me before you go and I should have some information for you.

We are expecting Olive tree warbler & Rock partridge, as well as other more common stuff in the area - but in July you might find most stuff quite difficult.

If you are interested in other forms of wildlife I can give you info for those as well.

Birds like Eastern Orphean & subalpine warblers, Rock nuthatch, Pygmy cormorant, Lesser grey shrike, etc etc should be relatively easy in the right habitats.

Cheers

Sean

Paul

Our group goes out to Montenegro on Sunday 10th June, and we will be birding as well as loking for other stuff.

PM me before you go and I should have some information for you.

We are expecting Olive tree warbler & Rock partridge, as well as other more common stuff in the area - but in July you might find most stuff quite difficult.

If you are interested in other forms of wildlife I can give you info for those as well.

Birds like Eastern Orphean & subalpine warblers, Rock nuthatch, Pygmy cormorant, Lesser grey shrike, etc etc should be relatively easy in the right habitats.

Cheers

Sean

Cheers Sean, just seen your post, I'll pm you when I get a minute.

Regards

Paul

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back