• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Acuter dslr adapters (1 Viewer)

Bird Brian

Hi

I've got an acuter 80mm scope and a very noice sony A300 dslr - what do I need to connect the two so I can start digiscoping? If I buy a T2 adapter, presumably this means I take the lens off the camera so what else do I need to hook the eyepiece up to the camera? Is this the acuter slr mount thingy I've seen on their website?

Sorry if I sound a bit dull, it's a bit confusing to say the least!

thanks

To use the Acuter camera adapter you just need to get a T ring and take the lens off the camera as you said. Image quality with this eyepiece projection method can be a bit variable. If the adapter is inexpensive then it may be worth a try. Personally what I would do first is taken the lens off the camera and just hold it over the eyepiece until you see the image is in focus and take a photo. Shield the light from getting in with your hand while doing this. It will give you a rough idea what the possibilities will be with the camera adapter and whether it's worthwhile investing in.

Paul.

Yes, try your DSLR (with preferably a small 50mm lens) and the scope. But I would recommend some kind of stable bracket to support the camera and scope assembly. Use Manual mode and manual focusing.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back