• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New field studies (1 Viewer)

The sense of life, and natural action and movements that you manage to get in your drawings are just so exceptional! Inspiring.

Thank you all my friends!
Attached my latest studies also using Bic pen, including a study of one of our two Guinea pigs "Franziska"..

Paschalis

Attachments

• Carrion-crow.jpg
    Carrion-crow.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 117
  • Feral-doves.jpg
    Feral-doves.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 97
  • Franzi-guinea-pig.jpg
    Franzi-guinea-pig.jpg
    239.4 KB · Views: 109
  • Rocky-mountain-goat.jpg
    Rocky-mountain-goat.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 101
  • Wood-pigeon.jpg
    Wood-pigeon.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 107
Thanks a lot! I spend a wonderful morning at the zoo and here it is the harvest...in addition a couple of studies of a Bonellis eagle calling based on my own video footage...using Bic pen of course... Portion one..

Paschalis

Attachments

• Black-stork.jpg
    Black-stork.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 98
  • Glossy-Ibis-sunbath.jpg
    Glossy-Ibis-sunbath.jpg
    193.9 KB · Views: 69
  • Great-white-pelican.jpg
    Great-white-pelican.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 64
  • Great-white-pelican-head.jpg
    Great-white-pelican-head.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 71
  • Great-white-pelican-preenin.jpg
    Great-white-pelican-preenin.jpg
    195.7 KB · Views: 65
...and portion two...

Attachments

• Great-white-pelican-resting.jpg
    Great-white-pelican-resting.jpg
    221.7 KB · Views: 77
  • Great-white-pelicans-studie.jpg
    Great-white-pelicans-studie.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 70
  • Northern-Bald-Ibis-preening.jpg
    Northern-Bald-Ibis-preening.jpg
    222 KB · Views: 90
  • Bonellis-eagle-call.jpg
    Bonellis-eagle-call.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 87
  • Bonellis-eagle-calling.jpg
    Bonellis-eagle-calling.jpg
    192.4 KB · Views: 96
The big cats are just stunningly beautiful, and from the birds I just love your owls. Makes me wanna try to paint some too...

Back from the zoo with my first ever colour study from life of a Great white pelican in its breeding plumage. Also a Bic pen sketch of a Black kite sketched last week at a falconry close to Munich.

Paschalis

Attachments

• Black-kiteimg217.jpg
    Black-kiteimg217.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 83
  • Great-white-pelican-colour-.jpg
    Great-white-pelican-colour-.jpg
    305.1 KB · Views: 103
Love your work. Your bic pieces are always so exhilerating!! - My eldest has been inspired after looking at your sketches as he was using this as a technique at school last week. He reckons looking at your sketches gave him ideas on how to get differnet textures + he currently likes using them more than pencil!!
The pelican is a stunning piece the detail round the eye is fantastic + yet the fluidity of the watercolour gives a immediancey to the piece. Love it!!

OSB Gillian

Thank you all one more time!
Gilian, I`m glad to hear that my work could inspire and motivate someone...
And to me getting such kind comments from all of you encourage and motivate me a lot!
Attached my latest "Bic " study , the youngest of our two Guinea pigs, "Caramela"

Paschalis

Attachments

• Meerschweinchen-Caramela.jpg
    Meerschweinchen-Caramela.jpg
    561.2 KB · Views: 82
Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back