• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bird Listers? (1 Viewer)

RussellC

Hi there, I am trying to find out about "listers". I know there is a league or something for people who have seen the most different birds in Britain and all over the world. Is there a similar thing for young people? I am 23 years old and have seen just under 1600 different types of bird. I wonder if anybody knows anything? Thanks

Hi Russell

the Surfbirds website holds 'league tables' for all manner of listing

www.surfbirds.com

1600 is a pretty good life list for 23 years and obviously has entailed a bit of travel. This will put you in a reasonable place on the list if that's what you're into. There's only one list for all - an all ages list.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back