• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Spoonbill at Gwent Levels Reserve (1 Viewer)

led_snapper

Had fantastic views of a Spoonbill today at Goldcliff pools. There he was scithing his way through the fish with that incredible bill. (well it may have been female, not sure really). I got much better views after a raptor sent everything skyward. Fortunately I got a prompting to go back to the blind as I thought, I wonder if that Spoonbill has come across to this side? It had previously been on the far side of the lagoon. Sure enough, right directly opposite the blind, was the bird with a bill the shape of one those wooden corner spoons. He/she even met up with one of the Avocets for what looked like a chat later in one of my other photos... (see my gallery)

I also got a few great close -ups of a Mute Swan too :)

(see my gallery)

Great shot of the spoonbill Ian! The avocet and spoony together is splendid!
I didnt see the mute swan close ups in your gallery though?

Kay

I'll post those today, had to got to bed so I could get up foir work at some hour ;)
kaypros said:
(see my gallery)

Great shot of the spoonbill Ian! The avocet and spoony together is splendid!
I didnt see the mute swan close ups in your gallery though?

Kay

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back