• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Pentax K10D Tern (1 Viewer)

Ian Mc1

Here is a recent (early) shot of a White-fronted tern in flight taken handheld with a K10D and 400 Sigma PKAF in JPEG.Cropped quite a lot.
Cheers : Ian Mc

Attachments

• White-fronted Tern..jpg
    White-fronted Tern..jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 170
Ian Mc1 said:
Here is a recent (early) shot of a White-fronted tern in flight taken handheld with a K10D and 400 Sigma PKAF in JPEG.Cropped quite a lot.
Cheers : Ian Mc

nice shot,such a beautiful creature

Ian;
Have you tried the Shake reduction for birds in flight?

I took my new K10D and Sigma 50-500 out today, but like an idiot didn't check the battery was fully charged, fortunately I'd taken my istD along and swapped the Sigma onto that, the light was all over the place, sunny one minute dark and dingy the next, I got this with the istD and the Sigma, but I cant help but wonder how much better it could have been with the K10D

Bit burned out on the right but like I said the light was all over the place.

Attachments

• _IGP5969.jpg
    _IGP5969.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:
Tern flight

Thanks for your replies.
Nice clean swan capture.
Yes I use shake reduction all the time.
Not sure what difference it makes but K10D on AF continuous and shake reduction gives me pretty good results.
Here is a shot of a Kea or mountain parrot in an aviary.
Ian Mc

impotentspider said:
Ian;
Have you tried the Shake reduction for birds in flight?

I took my new K10D and Sigma 50-500 out today, but like an idiot didn't check the battery was fully charged, fortunately I'd taken my istD along and swapped the Sigma onto that, the light was all over the place, sunny one minute dark and dingy the next, I got this with the istD and the Sigma, but I cant help but wonder how much better it could have been with the K10D

Bit burned out on the right but like I said the light was all over the place.

Attachments

• Kea circling. (Small).jpg
    Kea circling. (Small).jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 132
Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back