Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Magnifying the passion for nature. Zeiss Victory Harpia 95. New!

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 373 votes, 4.94 average.
Old Friday 17th November 2017, 00:13   #3351
Nixterdemus

Snypex Knight ED 8x50 Water Proof Roof Prism Binocular 6.9* 20mm ER
SKU: SPX9850ED MFR: 9850-ED B&H

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...h=CSE&c3nid=98

Limited supplies at this price[this came from the website I speculate this item is drop shipped instead of being in inventory] & this is 50 clams cheaper than Adorama, appears to be a closeout as Snypex has a more expensive 9850-D or D-ED & less expensive 9850-HD.

OP is $460.99 not counting 10% off.

ETA: the BH price is $299. It might not be worth $199 I don't know. It is being offered also for 249 & 399 at various other vendors.

Any time Jer I'm not staying up all night.

https://www.bestbinocularsreviews.co...ightED-131.htm

ETA II: Upon further digging, other than the above link, I note only 2 other reviews those being on Amazon. One from 2014 & another from 2015. One reviewer only has one review total whilst the second has two total reviews both being a Snypex Knight bin. Obviously a thinly veiled attempt to pump their product. I'm confident this is manufactured somewhere on the Pacific Rim. Unable to find anything else posted I conclude that any warranty would be limited to a 30 day return. Regardless of the positive UK review from the link I would be hard pressed to spend 200USD on these mystery bins. You can thank Jer for bringing this to me attention.

Howevah, Snypex LLC is located in Lynbrook, NY [Long Island Pop 20K] and claim a 25 yr warranty to original purchaser.
https://snypex.com/pages/snypex-warr...t-registration

As well as bins they offer riflescopes, a rangefinder & spotting scope.
https://snypex.com/

They appear to be solvent from 2014 w/current listings.
https://snypex.com/blogs/news

Toll free phone no AOL account either. Should we go ahead & pass judgement? Ask Jer.

Here's the rollout of the Knight ED series 2/15:

https://snypex.com/blogs/press-relea...nocular-series

SLV 50* 4mm-- HD-60* 4.5mm-- UWA 82* 5.5mm-- SLV 6mm-- Luminos 82* 7mm-- MWA 100* 10mm-- Luminos 15mm--TV Nagler 50* 3mm/180X - 6mm/90X Zoom

Last edited by Nixterdemus : Friday 17th November 2017 at 15:20.
Old Friday 17th November 2017, 03:18   #3352
Nixterdemus

Jer, I know how to refresh. Stop quoting me and delete your last quote.

PS it's CST here & I'm going to stretch out. Time is running out buddy.

SLV 50* 4mm-- HD-60* 4.5mm-- UWA 82* 5.5mm-- SLV 6mm-- Luminos 82* 7mm-- MWA 100* 10mm-- Luminos 15mm--TV Nagler 50* 3mm/180X - 6mm/90X Zoom

Last edited by Nixterdemus : Friday 17th November 2017 at 03:26.
Old Friday 17th November 2017, 05:06   #3353
Nixterdemus

Jer, I do not have a dog in this hunt. If you do not wish for me to delete the post then quote me at will. It did dawn on me that perhaps the review from the UK was on the most expensive model. But, it claims dieletric instead of silver based prism coating.

I'll wager that there was two models & w/emergence of a third, probably the more expensive, this model was displaced. Since Adorama & B&H used the same dialogue, 'Limited supplies at this price' I'm convinced that Ltd supply is not in their warehouses. [All three 8X50 are still offered on the Synpex website]

B&H undercuts the others by a fifty spot before they counter w/same. That wide a FOV at that price point is not going to have a sweet spot anywhere close unto edge-edge. As well Aluminium-Magnesium alloy is going to be almost all Al.

If I wanted one I'd offer 250.[since decided 2 bills this model rolled out 2/14 still available, so perhaps these discounted bins are returns?] That would cover the return to the vendor should it turn out not to be all that & bag of chips.

G'dnight sweetheart, here's to hopin' you quote me in your dreams.

ETA Just for fun:

And the lawd provided access to an inexpensive bin. But, Jer relented asking the lawd to remove temptation. Then the lawd spoke unto Jer, "Delete thy quotes of me and verily it shall be".

Jer removeth the quote though then posteth quoting the lawd again. The lawd was not pleased, but having compassion instructeth Jer to removeth that quote and the lawd would removeth temptation.

Verily though Jer's heart was hardened his original request not pure. For now his request was overshadowed by refusing the lawd's request. His sincerity in doubt being displaced by false pride.

And Jer reposts and quotes the lawd. Losing vision of wisdom Jer sees only the splinter, he wishes to cast out, of post not the beam in his own eye.

Verily the lawd sayeth unto thee, "Strike not the rock to wit should speak; deleteth not quote to quote again lest thy intent be of naught".

Now, thrice the lawd comes unto Jer. "Removeth thy quotes of me and I will give thee rest from thy iniquity lest mentally you require St. James infirmary".

The great Satchmo 1928, The St. James Infirmary Blues:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzcpUdBw7gs

Last edited by Nixterdemus : Friday 17th November 2017 at 15:32.
Old Friday 17th November 2017, 18:58   #3354
Nixterdemus

https://www.adorama.com/g/EarlyBlack...vateSale111717

Bushnell 16x50
Nope, it's no Nikon, but you cannot hold it steady anyway. Sharp enough to play around at 39.99.

Steiner P830 8x30 $169.99 Everyone else is $229.99 [subject to change]

Old Saturday 18th November 2017, 01:59   #3355
bluespiderweb

Get the Bushnell Legend M's now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceH View Post
Darn you Chuck! LOL Looks like I am not cured of the sickness Phil R. commented on. I am in for one 8X42 Legend M from Rogers eBay listing now at $161.99.

I bought the 10X42 M during the Amazon 1 day sale a couple of months ago and it is a very nice model. Mine has near zero free play in the focus mechanism. I say near zero because only after careful checking I notice less than one degree of softer movement when first rotating. Even then, I do detect some focus change. Focus tension is equal in each direction and extremely smooth. Unlike CJ, I prefer the surface of the focus knob of the M over my ED3s. I have absolutely zero issues with the focus of my Legend M 10X. Being a China bin, there is always the chance that there is a lot a variation between units. We shall see how the 8X works out. How it will hold up over the long run is anyone's guess but the 10X is great right now and it is covered by Bushnell' lifetime warranty. It is not quite a Nikon EDG focus but it is much closer than most.

My primary reason for buying the 10X was the flat transmission curve. I like to use it as a reference in doing comparisons. It is probably the most color neutral binocular I have. I took it out this morning to look at some Mourning Doves in the back. It is really nice to see them up close as they are supposed to look. Hopefully the 8X will has a like curve. This line does show a little more pin cushion than a more expensive model and although the center view is more than adequate, is not exceptional as some of the considerably more expensive models. Mine is one of the best entry level quality binoculars I have come across. The under $200 price makes it a top choice assuming Bushnell has consistent quality.

Check out the thread by Lee for some good info on the Legend M.

http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=342002

Here is the Allbinos review of the 10X42 with the transmission graph ......

https://www.allbinos.com/index.html?...tki&test_l=315

Chuck, if you feel like taking a China gamble, go for it. If you get a good one (and I think the odds are better as a Bushnell than say a Zen Ray), you will most likely find it superior to the Eagle Optics you bought recently. The $161 price is an incredible buy for what it provides, assuming consistent good quality.

Agree on Rogers. They provided great customer service to me a couple of years ago on a Zeiss UPS mangled shipment.
Just wanted to back this endorsement up having received my 8x42 Bushnell Legend M's today, all I can say is if you don't get them now, you will kick yourself later for being so slow and unaware!

They are even better than the Aculons for value, even though I love my 10x42 Aculons still-they deliver the Porro view so well, that they will be my go to for a long time to come, I imagine. But these Bushnell Legend M 8x42' s are really special too, and at the Roger's price on Ebay, they certainly are a bargain, in anyone's book, if you only try them before they are gone. If I was younger, I would have bought 2 pair, had I known how good they really are beforehand just to have a spare. Unfortunately, I already have the spares, though they aren't as good as these, I'm sure.

But, that is my take on them, and I am not a reviewer, just a fan of good optics that work for me. These do that and more. I had an image with them before the sun set today after using them for about a half hour, that really showed how special the optics are. A backlit Willow tree when the sun was going down, looked like it had mini lights strung on it, and it was beautiful to see. I tried two other bins I was using in comparison, and neither delivered such a delightful image as these did. Scientific? Not at all, I am kind of pleased to say-it's very subjective, but that's how I see most things, and how I like to compare bins for myself.

All I know is that these are a screaming deal, and hope you can take advantage of it to find out for yourself how nice these are before they sell out. I can't fault them at all at this price ($160USD)-they are a pleasure to use and view through-they are very good at regular price, but this discounted price is something else for this quality in a binocular.

If they had the 10x42's available too, I would jump in on them too, but sadly not. Though when comparing these to my 10's, they did not actually seem that far off in resolving differnce from 8 to 10x, which surprised me as well how these compared. I feel that I am not missing any details that the higher powers should provide if the optics are the same quality.

But these are for real, and deliver beyond what you would think you would get for the money. The larger size is still comfortable, probably for the ergonomics and great balance they have. They are like an old friend-not hard to spend time with, and very comfortable besides.

Ah, you know?
Old Saturday 18th November 2017, 22:04   #3356
Nixterdemus

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/96...ck-refurbished

Nikon PROSTAFF 5 Binocular 10x 42mm Roof Prism Black Refurbished-Clearance-3 at this price $119.99 & SHIPS FREE

https://shop.opticsplanet.com/nikon-...0aAvctEALw_wcB

Nikon Prostaff 5 8x42mm "Factory" Demo $119.99[note this is OP, so you may receive one marked refurb]

Both prices are only 1/3 off of std. Not a sizzlin' deal this close to Blk Friday.

Last edited by Nixterdemus : Saturday 18th November 2017 at 23:04.
Old Sunday 19th November 2017, 10:49   #3357
adhoc

Chosun Juan: "Adhoc has tipped me off...Bushnell M series 8x42...gotta be a bargain yes?..."
Chill6x6, #3278: "...I just don't NEED another binocular! SERIOUSLY this time!..."
#3312! "...I bit on it!..."
Mooreorless: "You could buy two of these...for the price I see on another site."
BruceH: "...ordered mine..."
Wdc: "...ordered one..."
RioTuitoBirder: "...coming in the mail..."
Denco@comcast.n: "...coming next week..."
Bluespiderweb: "...received...today..."
Since I was responsible for the panic, I submitted to it myself, just to be fair to you :-) Chuck, thanks for the Rogers tip! Due to logistics I will not be able to get this into my hands for some weeks.

Last edited by adhoc : Sunday 19th November 2017 at 13:37.
Old Sunday 19th November 2017, 16:10   #3358
denco@comcast.n

Here is an Outdooor LIfe review on the Bushnell Legend M 8x42. Best value @$379.00. Deal @$159.00!

https://www.outdoorlife.com/features...est/binoculars

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bushnell-8x...4AAOSw1BlZVm2T

Last edited by denco@comcast.n : Monday 20th November 2017 at 01:16.
Old Sunday 19th November 2017, 21:03   #3359
justabirdwatcher

$100 rebate on the original Vanguard Endeavor ED 10x42's at B&H. Seems like a pretty good binocular for $149

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...Binocular.html

8x42's are a dollar less.

Newer ED II's have a $100 rebate as well.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...vor_ed_ii.html

Last edited by justabirdwatcher : Sunday 19th November 2017 at 21:06.
Old Monday 20th November 2017, 18:28   #3360
Upland

B&H is showing the Endeavor EDII 8x32 for $179 after $80 Mail in rebate from regular price of $259. Optics planet is selling them for $349 pre rebate. The B&H description says EDII and the picture shows EDII below left eyecup. Not sure if they intended that price for the old version but if you're looking for that model I'd buy them now.
Old Monday 20th November 2017, 19:18   #3361
Nixterdemus

https://www.natchezss.com/weaver-sup...ck-rubber.html

Flash from the past sorta. Weaver is deemed more of a hunting bin than birding. This was their flagship back in the day the MIJ Super Slam. Only the 8.5x45 is available though it came in a 10.5x45. The 10.5x45 was awarded 2nd only to the Swaro EL2 in their full sized bins 2010 Optics Palooza. Rated them ahead of the Conquest 10X56.

849630 8.5 x 45 Rubber Armor EP-5.3 FOV- 7* 367/122 ER- 0.73/18.5 H?W-6.3/160 5.6/143 Weight-31.2/885 Minimum Focus Distance 9.84'/3m Roof phase coated [w/o mention of prism type coating though notes SK & Bak-4 glass] magnesium chassis, rubber armor.[Styrka mentions high-grade SK-15 prisms in their flagship S9 42mm]

https://www.outdoorlife.com/photos/g...t-2010#page-21

FULL-SIZE BINOCULARS:
Swarovski EL 42 Sworovision 10x42
Swarovski has further pushed the envelope of optical perfection with this high-performance binocular. The optic renders a world-class image stylishly and comfortably, and even small details--such as the locking center diopter wheel, redesigned focusing system and twist-in eyecups--are elegant and functional. If price is no object, the well-balanced open-bridge Sworovision won't disappoint. But if the gem-bright image and stunning definition are breathtaking, so is the stratospheric price tag.
Overall Rating: 4 stars
Report Card:
Optical Quality: 1st
Image: A+
Design: A
Price/Value: C+
[ Price: $2,754 ]

Weaver Super Slam 10.5x45
This is not your father's Weaver. The first giveaway is the hip two-toned armor and serrated eyecups and focus wheel; the second is the dazzling optical clarity; and the third is the premium price. The binocular won our low-light test and was no slouch on the resolution range. The clicking, locking hinge got mixed reviews.[Open bridge has a IP distance lock on the forward hinge]

Overall Rating: 3.5 stars
Report Card:
Optical Quality: 2nd
Image: A
Design: B
Price/Value: B
[ Price: $1,114 ]

Zeiss Conquest 10x56
If you're looking for a binocular to extend your twilight viewing, this is a good choice. The Conquest, with its huge 56mm objective lenses, tied with Weaver for low-light honors. But it didn't fare as well on our assessment of its features--focus was a bit rough, finish feels almost too slick and balance is forward-heavy--especially considering the premium price.
Overall Rating: 3.5 stars
Report Card:
Optical Quality: 3rd
Image: B+
Design: B+
Price/Value: B
[ Price: $1,499 ]

Needless to say the SS 8.5X45 has long since been discontinued. Weaver has changed hands w/no trace of the model. BH will special order, 3-5 weeks, for $697.99/10.5 $699.99. Counting the $35 off $350 [Code: DO171135]plus about 16 clams shipping the Total from Nathez comes to $401 & change.

Is it a bargain? Depends I suppose. They sold for over a grand in 2010. Allbinos only has two reviews of less expensive bins one of them Le Grande Slam also 8.5X45. Sounds as breakfast at Denny's. Distortion was recorded at 28% w/transmission at 88%. I've no clue about the SS though I speculate w/me wallet that it will be better.

As always, YMMV ...

ETA: There seems to be discrepancy in min foc. Natachez/BH has Minimum Focus Distance 63.2' / 19.3 m-Adorama has Minimum Focus Distance 9.84'/3m Sixty-three feet is more in line w/IF porro.
Natachez has 8.5 w/BH having the 8.5 & 10.5X45 at 63.2' / 19.3 m whilst Adorama has the 8.5X45 at 9.84'/3m.

https://www.adorama.com/wr849630.html?discontinued=t

Anywho, they're new, according to the guy on the other end of 800 #, comes w/case, rainguard, objective covers & harness. Fifteen day return, there's currently fifty in stock.

https://www.eabco.com/WeaverCatalog[1].pdf [Pg. 17 of 39 of the Weaver PDF 2013 product catalogue]

ETA: ANOKA, MINNESOTA–ATK has announced its acquisition of Weaver® Optics from Meade Instruments effective April 24, 2008.

Top O' line Weaver Super Slam to come out fall 2009.

Super Slam still featured in 2013 Weaver Product Catalogue

Nov. 1, 2013 ATK completes acquisition of Bushnell.

By at least 3/15 Vista Outdoors spins off ATK taking all outdoor companies, including Bushnell & Weaver, whilst ATK concentrates on aerospace.

Weaver drops Super Slam/Grand Slam bins now offering only mediocre/inexpensive Kaspa msrp-121-$151 or the 8x36 Classic msrp $280. Weaver still continues to offer the SS/GS in riflescopes. [Weaver supplied 36,000 scopes and sights to the military during World War II]

Bushnell continues to offer the Legend in bins.

Perhaps, since Bushnell came under the ATK/Vista Outdoors umbrella, it is decided that Weaver will concentrate more on scopes.

So, this SS bin could be the last Weaver stab at higher end/mid-price glass. It might be no better/as good as the current C1 Maven. Howevah, the C1 should be around for a while. Speaking of being around a quick call confirmes 53 units currently in stock.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SS=8.5X45 a.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	646874  

Last edited by Nixterdemus : Tuesday 21st November 2017 at 15:48.
Old Monday 20th November 2017, 21:32   #3362
bluespiderweb

Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by denco@comcast.n View Post
Here is an Outdooor LIfe review on the Bushnell Legend M 8x42. Best value @$379.00. Deal @$159.00!

https://www.outdoorlife.com/features...est/binoculars

I liked that Outdoor Life review too, Dennis; especially when they have a group review and rating system-and it is what tipped me to buy them after other recommendations here as well, besides the attractive price! So glad I did get them for that price-it seems a real steal, not just a perceived one, now that I have them at hand and eye!

I don't imagine these will be there for a long time at this price from one low-offer retailer, though others may follow when this great price disappears; or maybe not? I don't pretend to know the market, nor do I care to try to follow it.

I am just grateful to Chuck and BruceH and others here who tried them first, and let us know about them on this special offer. Personally I would never have considered Bushnell still a major player in optics anymore (for my ignorance or the market)-and that just shows how wrong you can be with preconceived perceptions. My first real binocular, when I was a teen in the early 60's was an 8x30 Sportsview, and it served me well when I needed a good binocular at a very reasonable price for a teenager! No, they weren't near state of the art, but it sure held my interest and gave me great views in my time in the woods and fields when I needed them most. But these Legend M's are different-they deliver so much more, and on the edge of some other great optics, for a fraction of the price that I would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone, excluding those who are of course spoiled by the latest alpha views, possibly. Otherwise, see for yourself, and pass them on if you aren't thrilled by them-they are very good, and if they fit your vision and face, then they are wonderful, I think. I remain very happy that I have them now-and count myself lucky in that choice. I would like to hear what Chuck (chill6x6) has to say about his, when he gets back from vacation, and after reading Bill's book though!

Anyway, just a hope that you can get them still if you want them from Rogers_Sporting_Goods on Ebay if you want them. These guys don't fool around with shipping, and it appears they are stand-up in customer service is something is wrong, from other reports. That sometimes is all you need to know, to try something, and this I think is one of those times, like I did. For $160 bucks, I don't see how you could go wrong with these, unless they don't work for you and your eyeglasses. But I tried mine with bulbous sunglasses, and they still worked fine for me (I don't normally wear eyeglasses with binoculars), though I don't have perfect corrected or uncorrected matched vision. They are just so darned comfortable for me to view through, and have a fine detail that I'm not entirely used to either.

Here's the direct link, if you don't already have it:

Enjoy!

Ah, you know?
Old Monday 20th November 2017, 21:55   #3363
BruceH

Cabela's Black Friday Ad

The Cabela's Black Friday ad can be found on the net.

They are offering a 5:00 AM door buster special for 5 hours of a 10X42 Vortex Diamond Back for $129.99 in store only, while supplies last.

They are also showing Cabela's brand optics to be 25% off. The popular ones usually sell out fast. The Nikon LaserForce Rangefinder shows $200 off at $999.99. The ad also says $50 off some Monarch models, but not much in the way of specifics.

All but the Diamond Back pricing looks to run from Wed. the 22nd to Wed. the 29th. Be sure and confirm that because you have to be a lawyer to figure the fine print on some of these ads.

The Bass Pro ad did not have any name brands on sale, just some discounts off the Oculus and Pursuit brands.

Edit: Credit to Common Raven for posting this info earlier.

http://www.birdforum.net/showpost.ph...postcount=3292
(The Yin Yang of the Binocular Forum)

Last edited by BruceH : Tuesday 21st November 2017 at 17:18. Reason: Added link to previous mention

BF Supporter 2016 2017 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Old Monday 20th November 2017, 22:58   #3364
NDhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceH View Post
The Cabela's Black Friday ad can be found on the net.

They are offering a 5:00 AM door buster special for 5 hours of a 10X42 Vortex Diamond Back for $129.99 in store only, while supplies last.

They are also showing Cabela's brand optics to be 25% off. The popular ones usually sell out fast. The Nikon LaserForce Rangefinder shows $200 off at $999.99. The ad also says $50 off some Monarch models, but not much in the way of specifics.

All but the Diamond Back pricing looks to run from Wed. the 22nd to Wed. the 29th. Be sure and confirm that because you have to be a lawyer to figure the fine print on some of these ads.

The Bass Pro ad did not have any name brands on sale, just some discounts off the Oculus and Pursuit brands.
Bruce:

I get the flyer from Cabela's by mail. The door busters are in-store only.
They often reward those who come to the store, they need traffic to keep
the doors open.

The 25% off on Cabela's binoculars, may be for on-line also, not sure,
you would have to check that out.
They also show 10% on all in-stock Leica. That would be store only
I suppose.

Jerry
Old Monday 20th November 2017, 23:32   #3365
BruceH

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDhunter View Post
Bruce:

I get the flyer from Cabela's by mail. The door busters are in-store only.
They often reward those who come to the store, they need traffic to keep
the doors open.

- - Door Busters are in store only - I agree, as noted in the original post.

The 25% off on Cabela's binoculars, may be for on-line also, not sure,
you would have to check that out.
They also show 10% on all in-stock Leica. That would be store only
I suppose.

- - The Leica deal my not be that great if it is in-store only.
- - I think my store only had Leica range finders and other odd balls.

I will be passing on the 5:00 AM line.

Jerry
Replies noted in blue above.

On Edit: Here is a link to one of the Black Friday ad sites with the Cabela's ad ......

https://bestblackfriday.com/store/cabelas

Last edited by BruceH : Monday 20th November 2017 at 23:36.

Old Tuesday 21st November 2017, 20:11   #3366
BruceH

Tucson Audubon Shop

Per an e-mail received from the Tucson Audubon Shop .....

-----------

Our Annual Holiday Sale begins Saturday, November 25th and will run through Saturday, December 2nd.

Members will receive 20% off everything in the shop. Non-members will receive 10% off everything in the shop. This includes optics. We'll also have daily surprise in-store special deals. You've got to come in to find out!

Never any tax on purchases! Do your holiday shopping at the Nature Shop!

-----------------

I suggest you call first to check if what you are interested in is in stock and if the discount is off the MSRP or minimum advertised price.

Last time I checked, they carried Zeiss, Swaro, Leica, Opticron and Vortex. They might have some Nikon and Celestron but I am not sure. They do not carry the full lines of all of the manufacturers.

They have a nice covered patio with benches at the from of the building over looking an area with feeders to the north. You can take the binoculars out front to check them out at your leisure. This is the main location off University just west of the University of AZ. I would not expect much, if any, in the way of optics at the other location.

http://tucsonaudubon.org/nature-shop/

Old Tuesday 21st November 2017, 21:55   #3367
Nixterdemus

Too late to edit, but regardless of claims by some vendors, including Natchez, a prompt reply to e-mail from Weaver confirms the minimum focus on product #849630, SS 8.5X45, is 9.8 feet.

Old Wednesday 22nd November 2017, 03:13   #3368
cycleguy

I am seeing 10% off Leica at B&H.

CG
Old Wednesday 22nd November 2017, 17:19   #3369
fguo79

Cabelas has 25% off most of its own brand binoculars. The newly updated Euro HD is also included.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk
Old Wednesday 22nd November 2017, 18:06   #3370
mooreorless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixterdemus View Post
Jer, I do not have a dog in this hunt. If you do not wish for me to delete the post then quote me at will. It did dawn on me that perhaps the review from the UK was on the most expensive model. But, it claims dieletric instead of silver based prism coating.

I'll wager that there was two models & w/emergence of a third, probably the more expensive, this model was displaced. Since Adorama & B&H used the same dialogue, 'Limited supplies at this price' I'm convinced that Ltd supply is not in their warehouses. [All three 8X50 are still offered on the Synpex website]

B&H undercuts the others by a fifty spot before they counter w/same. That wide a FOV at that price point is not going to have a sweet spot anywhere close unto edge-edge. As well Aluminium-Magnesium alloy is going to be almost all Al.

If I wanted one I'd offer 250.[since decided 2 bills this model rolled out 2/14 still available, so perhaps these discounted bins are returns?] That would cover the return to the vendor should it turn out not to be all that & bag of chips.

G'dnight sweetheart, here's to hopin' you quote me in your dreams.

ETA Just for fun:

And the lawd provided access to an inexpensive bin. But, Jer relented asking the lawd to remove temptation. Then the lawd spoke unto Jer, "Delete thy quotes of me and verily it shall be".

Jer removeth the quote though then posteth quoting the lawd again. The lawd was not pleased, but having compassion instructeth Jer to removeth that quote and the lawd would removeth temptation.

Verily though Jer's heart was hardened his original request not pure. For now his request was overshadowed by refusing the lawd's request. His sincerity in doubt being displaced by false pride.

And Jer reposts and quotes the lawd. Losing vision of wisdom Jer sees only the splinter, he wishes to cast out, of post not the beam in his own eye.

Verily the lawd sayeth unto thee, "Strike not the rock to wit should speak; deleteth not quote to quote again lest thy intent be of naught".

Now, thrice the lawd comes unto Jer. "Removeth thy quotes of me and I will give thee rest from thy iniquity lest mentally you require St. James infirmary".

The great Satchmo 1928, The St. James Infirmary Blues:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzcpUdBw7gs
Are you related to Brock by chance? BTW your post is not funny at all if that is what you are trying at and might be offensive to some on here.

Last edited by mooreorless : Thursday 23rd November 2017 at 00:13.
Old Wednesday 22nd November 2017, 18:56   #3371
Jack Speer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycleguy View Post
I am seeing 10% off Leica at B&H.

CG
The same sale appears at Cape May's site: http://featheredgeoptics.org/specials/special-sales?p=1

From their About Us page...

"Outfitting you with the right optics is part of our mission and while our prices reflect a very low profit margin, all profits serve our conservation, research and education efforts. By purchasing from us you not only will receive the best customer service, but you are also putting your money where it will directly increases the conservation, research, education and advocacy for birds and birding at one of the most important sites for migration in the world."

I'd buy from an audubon chapter (even a nonlocal one) before a retail store, especially when they have the same prices.
Old Wednesday 22nd November 2017, 20:47   #3372
BruceH

SWFA Cyber Sunday/Monday Sale

SWFA Outdoors, a Texas optics seller is having a Cyber Sale this coming Sunday and Monday. The announcement says 10% off store wide. No coupon codes are required as the discount will be taken when items are added to the online shopping cart. Already discounted items not included.

Note: The notice contains almost all firearms related descriptions and illistrations but the top of the page mentions the Cyber Sale.

https://swfa.com/blackfriday2017

Old Wednesday 22nd November 2017, 22:17   #3373
BruceH

Camera Land Black Friday Announcement

Doug from Camera Land has posted his Black Friday announcement in the Retailers sub-forum.

Some of the highlights are ....
- 10% discount on many Leica products
- Athlon includes a free binocular harness and per another site, call for incentives.
- $500 instant rebate on a Kowa TSN-883 88mm Prominar Spotting Scope Angled Body & TE-11WZ 25-60X Wide Eyepiece, must call.
- GPO purchases come with unspecified special extras.
- Major discounts on gadget bags and tripods.
- See announcement linked below for more.

Shoppers are urged to call since vendors restrict publishing lower prices that can be had.

http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=353768

Old Wednesday 22nd November 2017, 22:57   #3374
NDhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooreorless View Post
Are you related to Brock by chance?
Steve:

That sounds like an insult to Brock.

Brock is a friend of mine, and no comparison here that I can see.

Jerry
Old Wednesday 22nd November 2017, 23:32   #3375
mooreorless

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDhunter View Post
Steve:

That sounds like an insult to Brock.

Brock is a friend of mine, and no comparison here that I can see.

Jerry
Hi Jerry, Yea I miss Brock's posts. He never did reply to the emails I sent. I was just comparing the extra looooog posts that person does, Brock had some extra long posts.

Last edited by mooreorless : Thursday 23rd November 2017 at 11:31.
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: