• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A daily treat to see right now (1 Viewer)

Chris in France

Each day, usually in the morning, over the past few weeks a male Redstart has been perching at the top of one of a handful of tall trees at the bottom of our garden singing away to his heart's content. He often 'hops' from one tree top to another. When the sun shines his white, black and rusty-red colours are a real treat to see and I now look forward to seeing him when I get up in the morning. In fact, I'm getting so used to him that I can recognize him before I lift the binoculars to my eyes!

I know that the sight of this lovely bird will not last and I'm making the most of his presence in our garden.

Do you have a favourite bird visiting your garden right now?

Yes, I LOVE a pair of greenfinches that have been with me for about a year now. I'm really pleased every time I see them, I think they are a very underated bird.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back