• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Photographing Dippers (1 Viewer)

Eos9

United Kingdom
I shall be travelling to Rhayader and am trying to find a reliable site to photograph Dippers either en route or alternatively within relatively easy driving distance of Rhayader itself.
I have seen Dippers previously in Wales but these have either tended to be in locations affording somewhat distant views or on streams where light levels are a little low due to backside trees etc.
I shall be travelling on a route roughly from Newport to Rhayader and was hoping to spend a few hours trying to photograph Dippers if I can find a suitable location that wouldn't be too far off my intended route.
If anyone has any suggestions for a good site either on my drive up or within easy distance of Rhayader I would be most grateful for any details.

Many Thanks

I know a few sites in north wales, but thats not much use to you!
Best bet may be to study your map and try to locate potential sites not too far from your intended route.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back