• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Book info - Sketching Wild Birds? (1 Viewer)

Hi,Tim

I'm here just out from your homepage.
Smile is coming back on my face,thank you!
As for your blog, I dare to visit there another day,since it's too good for a single day...

Lack of an equipment requies me a few additional day to up my sketch.
Please wait, it's coming soon..., but in advance, I'm not brilliant in the field at all, and I just like living with arts both of human and nature.

Yuko
Hi Yuko - glad to have you aboard. I look forward to seeing some of your own work here soon.

Hi Yuko!

Welcome to Bird Forum! Waiting forward to seeing your scetches. :) I like Marjolei Bastin's work, too. It's wonderful how she conveys emotions and character in her paintings, they are such a joy to look at. :)

Elina

Hi,Elina

It’s nice to meet you on my way of going bungee jumping, would you see?A pair of great tit on a sycamore branch.I remember it was a warm winter day, on a pavement of Urakami river.That book says “ feather and fur”! That is still my question.And second taking off,A blooming magnolia in an early morning.I confess, in fact, I drew it upon a photograph I took. It’s easier to create but I think the kind of my drawing is somehow stiff, inorganic.
シジュウカラのスケッチ.JPG木蓮のスケッチ.JPG
What do you see?
Yuko
Hi Yuko!

Welcome to Bird Forum! Waiting forward to seeing your scetches. :) I like Marjolei Bastin's work, too. It's wonderful how she conveys emotions and character in her paintings, they are such a joy to look at. :)

Elina

Hi Yuko - the birds are utterly charming and I think the way you have positioned them is a lovely composition. The magnolia, however, is absolutely divine. If you could teach me how to represent flowers (or birds for that matter) in this way, I would be a very happy man! Amazing little drawing.

Good evening,
and thank you ,Tim and Elina, your words encourges me!

The great tits I met were so friendly that I was allowed to get the sketching. It was completly different from acustomed way of drawing still-life, I had no control of touch of pencil and felt like playing sports with it. I like and feel important that sketch now, because the models were part of my days. I wish I would see them again, knowing its impossible.
もくれん.JPG
As for the magnolia, I copied it out from this photgraph. I longed the drawing for to reach the texture of petals and branch, and concentrated in the tone of light on it. I draw it with a few finely sharpend BB pencils on soft croquis' pad (they are my pal in wrighting, too.), keeping my hand from extra pressure as much as possible.The range of tone was small, so somtime I removed the chacoal by soft eraser.

Here is another ringing , Elina's quote, smooth and tranquil.
I also a reader of his novels but haven't the latest yet. How about you?

Yuko

Yuko, I haven't had a chance to read much of Ray Bradbury's works yet (mostly just his short stories), but I am very familiar with his Zen in the Art of Wriging - a wonderful book on creativity and writing. Especially the last chapter is written on such a level, which works for a person drawing and painting, though the book is on writing.

...and Elina,

Did you see,We posted almost at a time,amazing!

I haven't read the book yet, and came to like to read it from your comment.
But always I'm urged by a pile of unread books...Which one should I take for the first?**sigh*

Yuko

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back