• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My Pictures (4 Viewers)

Awesome!! This painting is going to be one of my favorites of yours!! The two birds on the upper right look FANTASTIC. If I amy offer a bit of an art critique, and it's just an opinion, try to avoid exactly spacing each bird the same distance apart. If you add an extra bird in an overlap it would break up that scenario. Such a great painting though, with lots of life, and I can't wait to see it finished.

Ta All.

I take your point Peter. It did start off as a montage , now growing into a flock so the tree will have to grow with it and more birds so they will overlap.

Another one appears

Will not be arround for afew days, going into dock for an operation. Nothing serious just old age catching up on the poor old abused body.

see you annon.

under tail coverts in. looking a bit to red in artificial light.it will have to wait.

Ta for your wishesref. op.

Attachments

• L1150026.jpg
    L1150026.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 43
  • L1150029.jpg
    L1150029.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 48
  • L1150036.jpg
    L1150036.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
you're worse than Eastenders leaving us on this bloody cliff hanger! All the best for the op and lookingforward to having you back on here asap (with more waxwings!)

This latest posting has allayed one of the fears I had when I saw the level of detail in the back birds, I couldn't see how you were going to make the front birds belong to the front, this additional one is definitely closer.

Hello all,
A bit uncomfortable yet to paint. Feels as though I had a good kicking as the bruising comes out.
Did the coloured pencilsketch when I wasn't allowed up.
As Nick said I had to get on with the waxwings, just trying out my large detail brush.
Plus a water colour doodle

Attachments

• L1150044.jpg
    L1150044.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 51
  • L1150059.jpg
    L1150059.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 52
  • L1150060.jpg
    L1150060.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
yeah, nice studio, looks tidier than mine, very interesting to see a picture from a different angle too, what's all that white stuff in the background? we were supposed to have that today! Good to have you back.

Just been trying to catch up on a few of the threads Authur, must say I love the waxwings. Every time I put one of the pictures up on the screen I saw there was another to be painted. Now I can't wait to see the finished picture. Hope you are feeling better and get back into the swing quickly.
Greg

Looking good Arthur. I hope you'll be back up to fighting strength soon but not being able to move around too much is a great excuse to be painting!

Mike

I think the comp. is as I want it.

Took Peters advice and put another-one in to brake up the spacing.

Time to get on with the Bohemian Party.
Then take a look at the tree.

Attachments

• L1150067.jpg
    L1150067.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 60
Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back