• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Some bird sketches with pencil (1 Viewer)

Thanks for the kind words everyone, it is always nice to check in and see that someone has left a comment :)

To Paul Robinson and nickderry, this is the only botanical study I have. It is a red rose I drew for a special lady on valantines day ;)

optiman, thats a great site you have there. I particualrly enjoyed the horse paintings, I work at a horse racing facility and I like the "feel" of your work!

Thanks again for the comments everyone!

Cheers,

Russ
www.russ-jones.com

Attachments

• rosereduced.jpg
    rosereduced.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 67
Wonderful.

I'm glad my special lady doesn't read this forum Russ, she might get ideas in her head!

Mike

Thanks kindly for the comments on my rose everyone. Here's one that's a litle more on-topic, a saw-whet owl I finished last night. As usual, it was drawn with coloured pencil on fine textured cartridge paper. Cheers!

Russ

Attachments

• sawwhet reduced.jpg
    sawwhet reduced.jpg
    265.4 KB · Views: 83
missed that rose Russ, better and less fattening than chocholates...the owl is wonderful and like the bg you added.

You owl artists are making me very jealous. I almost never seem them in the flesh. So I'll just have to enjoy these vicariously! Nice light touch on this.

Thanks for the comments :) I thought drawing it in a tangle of virginia creeper vines would be a little different thatn the usual pine or spruce. Also, it is not unusual to find them in just such areas around here, there is nothing like seeing these tiny little owls all tucked up in a vine thicket!

Spring is here, I should have some new warbler and other migrants to share soon :)

Cheers!

Russ

Here's one I just finished this afternoon, a pair of tufted titmice done in coloured pencil.

Thanks for looking :)

Russ

Attachments

• titmice.jpg
    titmice.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 63
Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back