• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Khao Yai, Thailand (1 Viewer)

Gibbo 92

Hello,

I recently spent a few days in Khao Yai National Park, which was fantastic, lots of birds and managed to see wild Elephants.

I have a few photos of some birds which I am unsure on, any help would be most appreciated.

Many Thanks Chris

Attachments

• IMG_5080 (2).JPG
    IMG_5080 (2).JPG
    112.5 KB · Views: 81
  • P1150284 (3).JPG
    P1150284 (3).JPG
    121.3 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_5114 (2).JPG
    IMG_5114 (2).JPG
    88.7 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_5116 (2).JPG
    IMG_5116 (2).JPG
    101.1 KB · Views: 49
There was also a mixed flock containing many Leaf warblers I managed to get a few photos but not sure if anything can be identified from them.

I managed to get three photos of the first bird and two of the second.

Many Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_5087 (2).JPG
    IMG_5087 (2).JPG
    98.6 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_5088 (2).JPG
    IMG_5088 (2).JPG
    71.6 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_5089 (2).JPG
    IMG_5089 (2).JPG
    65.4 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_5096 (2).JPG
    IMG_5096 (2).JPG
    85.2 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_5095 (2).JPG
    IMG_5095 (2).JPG
    94.9 KB · Views: 47
In the second set, the first bird gives me the feel of either Greenish or Two-barred Warbler, but it's hard to say from these images.

Even less sure about the second bird. The faint coronal and tail shape, and the pose it's adopting, remind me of Claudia's Leaf Warbler, but you can't ID a bird with certainty from images like these. How was it behaving?

Hi Andy,

Thanks again for looking at these.

I thought it was Sulphur-breasted as it was within the mixed flock of Warblers and stood out to me as appearing bright yellow underneath. Yeah I also thought of Green-eared Barbet.

The second Warbler was acting a bit like Pallas's with its hovering.

The second Warbler was acting a bit like Pallas's with its hovering.

Doesn't sound like Claudia's. More likely to be a Chinese Leaf perhaps. Actually my first thought was one of the Pallas's group.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back