• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nikon p100 or panasonic z38? (1 Viewer)

Having played with the Nikon for about 2 weeks I can say in a word....AWESOME!!!
The new CMOS sensor they are using has made all the difference in the world. There is no grain in low light and the colors are great. Great camera for birding with the 10FPS rate you can take pictures coupled with the 26x zoom lens. WOW!!
Panasonic makes a great camera but their downfall has been lots of noise in low light

Having played with the Nikon for about 2 weeks I can say in a word....AWESOME!!!
The new CMOS sensor they are using has made all the difference in the world. There is no grain in low light and the colors are great. Great camera for birding with the 10FPS rate you can take pictures coupled with the 26x zoom lens. WOW!!
Panasonic makes a great camera but their downfall has been lots of noise in low light

I think that it is the same sensor that the new fuji HS10 is using, very tempted towards the Nikon but the high speed video facility on the fuji looks interesting.

I'd suggest that you wait for a proper review of the Nikon P100, as there are none yet. The Casio FH25 also promised much with it's BSI CMOS sensor, but it didn't deliver as far as image quality was concerned, and professional reviews confirmed this.

People are very keen (myself included) for these new cameras to live up to the hype, but it really is best to wait, IMO.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back