• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Internet Explorer issues (1 Viewer)

Steve Arlow

United Kingdom
Recent, since automatic Windows Updates have occured, I cannot access a number of websites, such as Twitter, and just get a message Unable to Display Website. I have googled the issue and have tried several possible recommended solutions, even by Microsoft themselves, such as clearing the history etc but to no avail. TSome of the Microsoft solutions explain it in way that you need a degree in computor programming to understand rather than in everyday wording or explonation.

The number of websites this message is coming back on is increasing whilst other sites that I used to use, such as Vimeo for video uploads, just show the website as unusable/selectable text formatted to the left of the screen, and again no solution to this either.

I can access these websites via Firefox but as I really don't like Firefox how do I solve the issue in IE11/Windows8.

Stumped...

regards

Steve
We've had all kinds of issues with Explorer both with work related programmes e.g Barclays on-line business banking, HMRC website and with personal ones such as blogger. We've changed to Chrome and all the issues have gone away.

Started having issued following auto updates by Microsoft.

I don't get the issues in Firefox, just IE so looking to solve it which will probably be undone the next time there's an auto update.

Steve, I would also try some other browsers: I use Opera and Firefox, and Chrome is also installed on my PC. There is a couple of things that will only load on IE, but for most pages all the others are better.

Niels

Have you checked where your security settings have landed? if they all of a sudden got changed to very high, that might explain some pages not loading.

Niels

you need to check if you have the most up to date version of IE for your system or try a system restore to a date before latest updates.

Dave

Seems to be mostly affect Social Media Sites, I can't access Facebook on it either.

I've checked the security settings and nothing has changed. |:(|

Depending on your OS, your version of IE may have become'out of date' as there is at least versions IE9 & IE10 available to some. On my SiLs W7 laptop IE8 'lost' the ability to play some video streams until she updated to a newer version via automatic updates. I'm still running XP on my main PC but use Google Chrome as I find it much better than IE or FF. IE8 will become unsupported by Microsoft in 2016.

Dave

Steve...........have you tried

Click on IE..... Go to Tools, Advanced, (scroll down to the end) and make sure there is a tick in the SSL and TLS boxes, click apply and ok. My partners laptop had this issue last weekend and this solved the problem.

Sue

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back