• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Little brown thing in Kenya (1 Viewer)

gingerrodgers

gingerrodgers
Need some help with identifiying this little brown thing, took the picture on a holiday to Kenya in October 07 and have just found the picture. The picture was taken while on the Sabaki river walk. Can anyone help with the identity.

Attachments

• img_0080 (2).jpg
    img_0080 (2).jpg
    241.5 KB · Views: 154
Need some help with identifiying this little brown thing, took the picture on a holiday to Kenya in October 07 and have just found the picture. The picture was taken while on the Sabaki river walk. Can anyone help with the identity.

Many thanks everyone my first choice was a fly catcher but still learning so just needed to check. :)

Nobody think Pale Flycatcher as a possibility?

James

Pale flycatcher shows an unstreaked crown and mostly plain underparts with no contrast between breast and belly. General colour is also more buffish-beige in Pale.

Compare with this Pale fly:http://www.warwicktarboton.co.za/birdpgs/696PaFly.html

Ginger, do you have any other pics of this bird? Because I must admit that the ID is not straightforward on this shot, even if Spotted fly seems the most likely...

Edit: cross posted with BBB

i have been told that i was really inconsiderate when taking the photograph that i didnt take enough and from different angles. I will check but i really think its the best one.

New pictures

New pictures for you to check
Pale flycatcher shows an unstreaked crown and mostly plain underparts with no contrast between breast and belly. General colour is also more buffish-beige in Pale.

Compare with this Pale fly:http://www.warwicktarboton.co.za/birdpgs/696PaFly.html

Ginger, do you have any other pics of this bird? Because I must admit that the ID is not straightforward on this shot, even if Spotted fly seems the most likely...

Edit: cross posted with BBB

Attachments

• img_0079.jpg
    img_0079.jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 45
  • img_0080 (2).jpg
    img_0080 (2).jpg
    241.5 KB · Views: 40
  • img_0081.jpg
    img_0081.jpg
    245.8 KB · Views: 48
  • img_0082 (2).jpg
    img_0082 (2).jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 49
The streaked crown is more obvious on the 3rd shot of the last set of pics: Spotted Flycatcher...:t:

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back