• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Problem viewing 5d Mk1 RAW files in Canon DPP (1 Viewer)

Brian Egan

Hi everyone
I recently purchased a 5d Mk1 and used it to take 2000 or so photos.

I am having problems viewing the RAW files using Canon's Digital Photo Professional Software (supplied with camera).

I can view some but not all of them.

Anyone else have any knowledge of this problem and how to resolve it?

Any help very much appreciated.

Thanks
Brian

Well I'm guessing that if they display in other packages then its a DPP problem.
I'd go to Canons website and download the latest version of DPP, the one thats comes with the 5D is pretty ancient and hopefully that'll fix it

I found a problem when I had my 50d DPP software trying to view images of my new 7d camera, until I used the correct 7d DPP software.

I found a problem when I had my 50d DPP software trying to view images of my new 7d camera, until I used the correct 7d DPP software.

I don't think thats the same issue. The OP has loaded the software that came with the camera and it doesn't work. I've suggested downloading the latest version in the hope it cures a glitch in the original software installation.

Its not unreasonable however for a new camera not to work with older software.....

Hi everyone
I recently purchased a 5d Mk1 and used it to take 2000 or so photos.

I am having problems viewing the RAW files using Canon's Digital Photo Professional Software (supplied with camera).

I can view some but not all of them.

Anyone else have any knowledge of this problem and how to resolve it?

Any help very much appreciated.

Thanks
Brian

Hi Brian,

Are you running Windows 7? I had the same problem with my 7D and updating to the latest Canon RAW Codec solved the problem. This file updates windows rather than the DPP software itself. It can be found on the Canon web site.

Hi Guys
Thanks for the suggestions.

Patrick, Yes I am running windows 7 and will try your suggestion of updating the codec. Sounds like this could well be the problem.

Cheers
Brian

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back