• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Lizards for ID, Bulgaria (1 Viewer)

GiG

United Nations
I've a couple of species of Lizard that I need help with please.
The first two I think is Wall Lizard that was taken near to Trigrad in the western Rhodope Mountains. The third photo may be Viviparous Lizard and was found in the eastern Rhodope mountains.

Thanks,
Gi

Attachments

• Lizard sp1.jpg
    Lizard sp1.jpg
    782.3 KB · Views: 52
  • Lizard sp.jpg
    Lizard sp.jpg
    847.7 KB · Views: 49
  • Lizard sp2.jpg
    Lizard sp2.jpg
    813.5 KB · Views: 57
I'd agree on the first two, but #3 has a rather big head and a greenish chin. I assume an immature European Green Lizard (Lacerta viridis) is more likely.

I'd agree on the first two, but #3 has a rather big head and a greenish chin. I assume an immature European Green Lizard (Lacerta viridis) is more likely.

Thanks, #3 did have me stumped. An adult male seen earlier on is much easier to id!

Cheers,
Gi

Attachments

• Green Lizard.jpg
    Green Lizard.jpg
    828 KB · Views: 43
Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back