• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Canon converter lenses (1 Viewer)

ostling41

I have Canon A570. It takes accessory lenses (wide, tele, or close-up) which mount on an tube adapter which bayonets to the camera body. In the Record menu there is a Converter selection; for the A570 the options are: (1) WC-DC52, (2) TC-DC52A, (3) 250D, (4) none. I sometimes use the wide lens, but can detect no difference when selecting either option #1 or #4.

Does anybody know what these options are supposed to do?

I realize this is not exactly a digiscoping question, although it does pertain to any Canon A-series, and the G6 and G7, cameras much discussed on this forum.

Looks like I'm talking to myself, here.

I still do not know exactly what the Converter menu setting accomplishes, but I have a new clue. The User Guide implies that the menu selections are implemented when the camera is in IS mode. And in fact I now can see that when IS is selected the screen icon changes, depending on IS mode and Converter menu setting.

So it may be that the Converter setting is used only to affect the Image Stabilization controller.

So it may be that the Converter setting is used only to affect the Image Stabilization controller.

I have a Canon A720is and recently bought an add-on 2x converter lens for it . I haven't been able to see any difference between setting the menu to TC or leaving it in its normal mode.

It might be a bit faster to come to a focus without TC mode selected but the weather has been rotten here so i haven't been out testing it as much as i'd have liked.

alison

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back