• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Mountain Bluebird (1 Viewer)

G

Gaye Horn

These are beautiful birds.. we have them and Western Bluebirds here... they are amongst the very first to return in March.
We have a large number of Bluebird boxes through out our province and this is largely why our populations are returning to numbers that are most pleasing.. we have two Bluebird boxes on our property but they only visit us .. so far... but we have four more nesting boxes to put up prior to them arriving again... here is hoping they stay and nest this year!

Attachments

• p3270013.jpg
    p3270013.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 237
What gorgeous birds you have , makes me want to visit your country!
Great about all the care that goes into trying to preserve these and other birds.
You do take very nice pictures

Well Paula IF you are wanting to come over to Canada and would like a tour of my area I will be most pleased to offer our guidance to some spectacular places and sights... all very remote...Thanks for taking a look see at our birds here.. we think they are wonderful too.

Gaye, yours are much more colorful than ours. Ours are closer to a steel blue type. That is interesting. Very nice colors indeed!

IAN: Thanks.. we have some really gorgeous birds and it is surprising actually when you think where we are. I always attributed colourful birds to more tropical areas.We do have some beauties.

BRIAN: the actual colouring can vary but never ever are they steel blue.. they range from the MOST gorgeous turquoise blue to an azure... but always they are beautiful and when ther is a flock of them flying with the sun on them.. that is pure mind candy!

They are more skittish when they are here, but I will have to see if I can get a photo for you this Spring. You won't believe it could be the same bird.

Brian you just get any darn photo and it is going to be fantastic... I await....

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back