• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nikon D7100 Question/Potential Fault (1 Viewer)

Dialyt

The Definitive Binocular
I think there might be something wrong with my D7100.

Check out the attached image of the view through the VF taken with my mobile phone. I have the camera set at P mode. The picture that is taken is perfectly exposed, but the camera is showing in the viewfinder as if it is underexposed prior to pressing the shutter button. I just don't understand what is going on.

Attachments

• 20140920_230019.jpg
    20140920_230019.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 129
The lightning bolt symbol shows you have flash activated set with a minimum of 1/60th shutter speed. The exposure meter is showing that without the flash the image would be underexposed. When the shot was taken the flash was using ttl metering and exposed correctly. So no fault just normal flash photography.

The lightning bolt symbol shows you have flash activated set with a minimum of 1/60th shutter speed. The exposure meter is showing that without the flash the image would be underexposed. When the shot was taken the flash was using ttl metering and exposed correctly. So no fault just normal flash photography.

Ah thanks. I was confused because, with the flash down, there was no exposure scale and the photo turns out underexposed, whereas with the flash, the scale shows yet with the flash you get a properly exposed image! Thanks for your input! There's so many features on this camera and such a big manual, I'm still figuring out what it can do and how.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back