• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

elephant hawk moth (1 Viewer)

jox

After a gap of about 8 years I've found an elephant hawk moth caterpillar, (2 in fact) I'm thrilled & have looked back at an old thread to remind myself how to care for them correctly & have now found some willow herb & lightly cooked & dried some leaves but I woukd like to know if they are ok together or if I should separate them. They are in a large container with plenty of room to avoid each other if they want. They do seem to be largely ignoring each other. I'm so pleased to have the opportunity of releasing this beautiful moth, next spring so I contestant to jeopardise anything. Any advise appreciated

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back