• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

The highlights of my holiday to Menorca October 2014 (1 Viewer)

Peewit

Once a bird lover ... always a bird lover
Hi there

I have been lucky to have caught a few shots of a Hummingbird Hawkmoth - Ses Selines, Menorca

What a beautiful creature. Happy to fly inbetween people and boats throughout the week - without being scared off by anything :t:

We where also lucky to find a few Long Tail Blue Butterflies on the shorefront close to where the Hummingbird Hawkmoth was found.

Photos of the Hummingbird Hawkmoth :gh:

Regards
Kathy
x

Attachments

• 299.JPG
    299.JPG
    119.2 KB · Views: 138
  • 300.JPG
    300.JPG
    105.9 KB · Views: 96
  • 304.JPG
    304.JPG
    123.1 KB · Views: 84
  • 306.JPG
    306.JPG
    121.4 KB · Views: 90
  • 308.JPG
    308.JPG
    100.2 KB · Views: 101
Next... photos of the Long Tailed Blue Butterflies

Regards
Kathy
x

Attachments

• 156.JPG
    156.JPG
    95.2 KB · Views: 81
  • 157.JPG
    157.JPG
    85.4 KB · Views: 75
  • 162.JPG
    162.JPG
    99.7 KB · Views: 68
  • 161.JPG
    161.JPG
    98.4 KB · Views: 61
  • 167.JPG
    167.JPG
    95.3 KB · Views: 70
Hi Kathy

Both are nice species to see - and some nice shots, too.

martin

Thank you Martin :gh:

Last time I saw the Long Tailed Blue Butterflies was in Northern Spain (2011 - yes still have that report), and they congregated on one bush, and fought one another for their own space - they are very territorial.

Regards
Kathy
x

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back