• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New Swarovski Binoculars from unauthorized sellers. (1 Viewer)

bh46118

I see this on eBay a lot . If you buy, will you still have good service options ?

Bruce

Last edited:
I see this on eBay a lot . If you buy, will you still have good service options ?

Bruce

There are only two service options under warranty I'm aware of. Your country distributor and the factory. Swarovski of North America would be the best ones to ask whether binoculars bought from an Ebay seller would be covered by the factory warranty.

There are of course plenty of service options available from companies like Suddarth but you will pay.

Bruce

We get a lot of crooks who try and place orders for Swarovski binoculars over our website with stolen credit cards. A good number of these crooks are trying to have us ship these binoculars to people who thought the were getting something off of eBay. The crooks get money from eBay customers and satisfy the orders they get with merchandise purchased from legitimate dealers with a stolen credit card.
With any high end product that is "new" and being sold for a great price on eBay, I would encourage any potential buyer to proceed with a high degree of scrutiny.
Ben

Ben Lizdas
Sales Manager
Eagle Optics
www.eagleoptics.com

We get a lot of crooks who try and place orders for Swarovski binoculars over our website with stolen credit cards. A good number of these crooks are trying to have us ship these binoculars to people who thought the were getting something off of eBay. The crooks get money from eBay customers and satisfy the orders they get with merchandise purchased from legitimate dealers with a stolen credit card.
With any high end product that is "new" and being sold for a great price on eBay, I would encourage any potential buyer to proceed with a high degree of scrutiny.
Ben

Ben Lizdas
Sales Manager
Eagle Optics
www.eagleoptics.com

Good information Ben...this is the type of information that the consumer needs to know about and yet most if not all are in the dark on this. All of us see this occurring on Ebay on just about any product and inside, we all know they were either stolen or from a Chinese knock-off plant, but yet many still purchase, perhaps not knowing the full story is the way they want it. But thanks for sharing this, jim

Another red flag are phone cc orders that want overnight shipping. The bad guys have the product before the bad card # is discovered. We have lost some sales but just can't afford to take the chance on overnight shipping phone orders.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back