• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Focuser position and folding rubber eyecups (1 Viewer)

Rich N

Maybe I'm being overly careful but when I fold the rubber eyecups down on my Nikon 10x42SE or 12x50SE, I rack the focuser all the way in (toward infinity) so that the shaft holding the eyepiece assembly will be less likely to be bent when I fold the rubber eyecups down.

I do this with any porro prism binocular that has folding eyecups. I also try to remember to rack the focuser in when putting the binocular away so that if it gets bumped hard while in its case there is less chance in bending the center shaft of the focuser.

Am I nuts? Does anyone else do this?

Thanks,
Rich

Rich N said:
Maybe I'm being overly careful but when I fold the rubber eyecups down on my Nikon 10x42SE or 12x50SE, I rack the focuser all the way in (toward infinity) so that the shaft holding the eyepiece assembly will be less likely to be bent when I fold the rubber eyecups down.

I do this with any porro prism binocular that has folding eyecups. I also try to remember to rack the focuser in when putting the binocular away so that if it gets bumped hard while in its case there is less chance in bending the center shaft of the focuser.

Am I nuts? Does anyone else do this?

Thanks,
Rich

Rich,

No and yes.

John

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back