• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Fuji F30 screen issue (1 Viewer)

Andy Benson

I've had the F30 since March and am very pleased with the results over all. What I am a little concerned about is some yellow 'spotting' that has started to occur on the screen. These are permanent and have occured on two occations (the first group more dense than the second). It does say in the instruction manual that this is not actually a fault but occationally does occur. They are not transformed onto the final image but are bloody annoying! I was wondering if any other users had come across this problem and whether they attempted to return it on that basis.

Nothing like that with mine after 6 months or so of abuse.

It rattles about in car, rucksack and pocket without a case! I am very suprised it hasn't suffered pressure damage to the screen.

Where does it mention it in the manual? I can't understand how they can claim that it isn't a fault. What is it then? A feature?

If you look on page 148 it states "The LCD moniter is manufactured to... high precision technology. Even so, small bright points and anomalaous colours may appear on your monitor. These are normal display characteristics and do not indicate a fault with the monitor. This phenomenon will not appear on the recorded image." I beleive this is whats occured on my camera and would assume that if Fuji states this as 'normal' that they wouldn't do anything about it. I suppose I could try to return it and hope that Curry's arn't quite so thorough with their knowledge of the tiny details of every camera?! I also assume that if I did get a replacement it would be the F31 or god forbid the offer of a non digiscoping model!

"normal display characteristics"

I wonder if this is this "normal" for all Fuji's or all makes?

Imagine buying a car with such a cop out clause!

Knowing Curry't though I doubt the staff will be as familiar with the manual as you are RR. :)

Are you using a magnifier on the screen? if so it could well be destruction of some of the pixels of the lcd, caused by the sun shining into the magnifier. Remember when you used to use a magnifying glass to focus the sun onto something you wanted to set light to ?
If its any consolation, I have the same marks on both my cameras due to the above effect.

Malc

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back