• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Vanguard Spirit ED optics (1 Viewer)

ken_bird

Hi, i have purchased the above optics after some great reviews. However i seem to have an issue with them.

If my eyes are too close to the lenses it seems i get this tunnel effect, the only way i can really eradicate it is to make the binoculars very narrow for my eyes which almost stops me from planting my nose between the optics as there's not enough room, does that make sense? Otherwise i get this annoying black ring around the vision in both eyes, seems to move as my eyes look around.

Almost like i need some winged eyecups to space my eyes and then prevent the excess light in the sides..

Am i doing something wrong here :( My cheapo Nikon binoculars do not have this issue nor do my Grandads old binoculars, any help appreciated here!

Ken I found the exact same problem, but it was on a swaro 80 spotting scope!

You'll need to go back, start from scratch setting up the bin, because it is I found an eye relief issue. Once that's set properly with the eye cup, placement of the eye removes this 'beaning' effect.

Ratal many thanks for your response, you mentioned eye cups immediately made me click, went back to check, oh dear, schoolboy error!

I never realised the eyecups on these Binoculars are actually built in viewing lenses, they twist and extrude outwards...suddenly all works perfect! Thanks for listening :t:

Ratal many thanks for your response, you mentioned eye cups immediately made me click, went back to check, oh dear, schoolboy error!

I never realised the eyecups on these Binoculars are actually built in viewing lenses, they twist and extrude outwards...suddenly all works perfect! Thanks for listening :t:

Glad to get it sorted! They are a great binocular, enjoy!

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back