• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Buying Spotting Scopes in Taiwan (1 Viewer)

Hi All,

I'm looking at buying a low-end spotting scope for shorebird watching. Do you have any recommendations for places to buy scopes in Taipei? I'm going to check out a store near Xingtian station, and found a small place at Xinhai and Fuxing S Road, and have wandered around the camera district, which didn't have much. I'd like to be able to actually look through the scope before buying it.

And any advice on models would be appreciated. I'm thinking of the Celestron Ultima 80 at the moment. I've seen good reviews on Alpen and Opticron low end models, but haven't seen anywhere that sells it in Taiwan. I don't have a car (so portability is a priority), I wear glasses, and digiscoping capability would be nice, but not an extremely high priority. ED coatings are probably not in my budget.

Thanks!

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back