• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Whats this a Pencil (1 Viewer)

Cheers Gents for words of encouragement:t: Saturday I was going to try fieldwork again but to be honest Birding got in the way so only a couple of Curlews attempted. The Stonechats are from a mix up of Photos taken. The Avocets just practice trying to speed up a little. Last but not least Myself and the lads quick Egg display for school, eat your heart out Mark Richards with this 3D :-O

Attachments

• scan0007 (486 x 600).jpg
    scan0007 (486 x 600).jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 88
  • avocets 001 (600 x 444).jpg
    avocets 001 (600 x 444).jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 102
  • Eggs 001 (600 x 450).jpg
    Eggs 001 (600 x 450).jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 72
  • stoneys 001 (600 x 498).jpg
    stoneys 001 (600 x 498).jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
Not a 3-D expert so I'll have to forego comment on that.;) But the sketches are great, with a strong combination of animation and shapes accurately seen. Hard to decide which is my favorite.

This is really encouraging stuff, sir. Great to see you 'having a go', which is something I'm far too reserved about!

Russ

Great to see you venture out into the field, nice results, as an exercise it can't be beaten!

Special word for the GS Pecker painting, lovely piece...

Plenty of nice new stuff to catch up on here, it looks like you're having a whale of a time! Heron and the stonechats are the stand out pieces for me.

Mike

Spring my favourite birding time so Ive neglected attempting field studies as I just dont seem have the time when out birding :-C Biro, pencil and wash & water colour. Although a long way off I feel im not battling with the paint so much. Pointers very welcome

Attachments

• wheatear pracy.jpg
    wheatear pracy.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 83
  • biro.jpg
    biro.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 87
  • little egret 002 (600 x 450).jpg
    little egret 002 (600 x 450).jpg
    63 KB · Views: 82
  • little grebe 018 (600 x 450).jpg
    little grebe 018 (600 x 450).jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 83
Biro. When I try field sketching again I may take a biro as its what I feel most confident with

Attachments

• snipe (569 x 600).jpg
    snipe (569 x 600).jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 94
  • purple sand (600 x 436).jpg
    purple sand (600 x 436).jpg
    65 KB · Views: 99
love the little egret especially - very good, and the page of white arses is very nice - a singing snipe! when do they do this? - I've lost a lot of sleep waiting for one to sing on my local patch. (With only a starling roost, an invasion of cockchafers and the ridiculous sounds of a night heron as compensation)

Cheers Gents for words of encouragement:t: Saturday I was going to try fieldwork again but to be honest Birding got in the way so only a couple of Curlews attempted. The Stonechats are from a mix up of Photos taken. The Avocets just practice trying to speed up a little. Last but not least Myself and the lads quick Egg display for school, eat your heart out Mark Richards with this 3D :-O

WOW!! something to scoff while working...up my street :t:..mark

Egret is excellent but my fav is the dabchick; the design is terrific and the way it's painted lets it all sit together very nicely. Super work!

there's some real stuff in here, sense of engagement with what you are seeing

the repeating shapes in the grebe and buoy chain

and the intensity around the snipe's eye

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back